usernames?

Off topic discussion.
Spiffy Knight
Metro City Citizen

Postby Spiffy Knight » 20 years ago

Well I used to use Convoy Avenger (Completly original I love myself for that) Of course I am lying though! I used to have borders in my house, and one that was here was a hardcore Transformers toys collector (he still is) and he ordered some Toys from Japan, and the original Supped up Optimus Prime from Japan was called Super Fire Convoy. At this time I wasn't very computer literate, so that's what we were trying to come up with, an email address for me. So we got the Convoy from the Transformer, and added Avenger to it.. cause it's cool I guess? (He really thought it up). So I used that for a good period of my Computer days (I still do occasionally). Now Spiffy Knight is a different story. My friends and I often play Super Smash Bros. Melee, and I used Link, and my friend uses Marth or Roy. And he's always change their clothes to the brightly colored ones (gold and silver) and he was like "look! I'm a Spiffy Knight yo!" haha and I was all like "Kill the Spiffy Knight!" Because I didn't have the same respect for them then as I do now. Anywho, we call ourselves Spiffy like daily though.. cause you know, the word Spiffy is Spiffilicious! hahaha, and it's fin making new adjectives out of it.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 20 years ago

There was acartoon during the mid seventies called The Oddball Couple with a cat (Spiffy) and dog (Fleabag) in the roles similar to Felix Unger and Oscar Madison of The Odd Couple. The voice actor for Spiffy had a really annoying way of saying 'yes', he elongated the word Real Player audio of Frank Nelson on the Jack Benny Show Anyway, regardless of what role he played Frank Nelson, used this distinctive 'yes' along with several other funny pronounciations. :lol:

masaki22
Metro City Citizen

Postby masaki22 » 20 years ago

um well masaki is my name lol

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 20 years ago

Originally posted by jeffbert@Feb 3 2004, 05:24 AM
I started my love of PCs with Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, and several other 3D immersion maze games. Since then, they have become much more complex, and the idea of playing with only one hand, as I do, was too frustrating.

I've often thought about playing computer games if I only had the use of one hand. In the early days of gaming I used to freak out my friends by playing driving games with only one hand on the numeric keypad. Seemed perfectly normal to me. But these days the typical FPS requires a hand for mouselook with two buttons and the scrollwheel, plus another hand on the keyboard. Counter-Strike, for example, makes use of at least 20 keys plus the mouse. That's pretty messy.

I also had a go at mapping. I didn't get into Wolf3D mapping much, apart from adding more blood to all the graphics. I did a lot of mapping with Doom and it was really hard. There were no tutorials at the time and I even ended up writing one of the first. BSP compilers were rare too so it was hard to move walls around (as opposed to adding objects, which doesn't require any new vertex calculations). Ten years later and I've only just got in to it again. It's so much easier now and there's a lot of support and you can do so much more stuff. I've just finished my first Counter-Strike map beta, de_petra.

It's weird though, back in the old days people didn't use nicknames because BBS registrations required real names for payments. No one worried about stalkers or security much. Unless you were on the Internet, but this was before the WWW.

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 20 years ago

My former name was Louis'74, however I've grown tired of that name sort of.
I recently let it change to 'Strange Wings', according to a Savatage song.
No special meaning, it just sounds cooler IMO.

right click, save target as
「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」
- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

A NAME GAME

Postby CommanderEVE » 18 years ago

can anyone guess where my name came form

astro_mcfly
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby astro_mcfly » 18 years ago

As some of you might know, my name comes from both Astro's name & Marty Mcfly from Back to the Future. I used to know pretty much everything about those films, and was on the message boards all the time at BTTF.com . Well, after I lost my dvds I may have given up. I came here back in January 2005 and I was at a loss for names so I picked astro_mcfly.
My email addresses are strange like that also, but not mixed. I have three, my pepsifree1985 (that's my yahoo) , astrogirl1218, and tobiotenma...
I got bored, what else can I say? Oh and I do have a yahoo japan, but I don't use it as of yet. (atomu472003@yahoo.jp I think)

crazyd2000
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby crazyd2000 » 18 years ago

idk, were crazyd came from, but i use it alot

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 18 years ago

Sparx wrote:can anyone guess where my name came form

I have to admit cheating with Google, but is it from Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go?

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 18 years ago

DrFrag wrote:I have to admit cheating with Google, but is it from Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go?

nope... nice try though
the name came from a forest called the Sparx forest on a Planet called Delta

if you read my signature it will say it all

when i press on the smiles thay do not come out on the message

Return to “General Discussion”