The invasion is at its height

Off topic discussion.
jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 20 years ago

I open my front door & wonder if the War of the Worlds is playing at an open-air theatre nearby. The sound of thousands of Cicadas is verymuch like that of phasers. However, the film just mentioned also used that or a very similar sound effect. :lol:

Danny
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Danny » 20 years ago

No one would have believed that in the first years of the twenty first century, that human kind was being watched. Studied and observed by minds imeasuribly superior to ours, like the way a scientist would watch bugs that swarm and multiply in a drop of water.

No one would have believed, but if they listened hard enough they could hear the laughing of the zillion Cicadas the martians had sent to test their new bacteria resistance drones.

And there, in the vastness of space, the martians drew their plans against us, again..

considering that whole catching a cold debarcle of the fainled invasion 100 years ago they were taking no chances, of course.
three and a half years.. for what?

jeffbert
Minister of Science

They are even louder now than before. Good thing my house has A/C, or I would have gone nuts by now! :lol:

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 20 years ago

AC = Anti-Cicada ;)

dragon_child888
Metro City Citizen

Postby dragon_child888 » 20 years ago

:wacko: i gues that cicadas are kinda noisy but i dont notice them realy. i have Tinitis (we think). yeah, and so i have a constant BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP going on 4ever in my ear so yeah, it masks the cicadas but i am yet to decide whether this is a good or bad thing... ;)

jeffbert
Minister of Science

You must really have an acute case, because I too, have that accursed ringing in my ears, but it shares a property with the floaters in my left eye. Neither is annoying, except in the absence of stimulation. I can never again know silence or pure white! :wacko: :angry: :cry: :(

Return to “General Discussion”