Photobucket STINKS!

Off topic discussion.
1magus
Robot President

Photobucket STINKS!

Postby 1magus » 17 years ago

I have tried using it to post pics on websites. But it almost always resizes it to a pic that NO ONE can look at lol. Since this website has n browse feature to look on ones HDD for pics. Can anyone recommend a better website?
"You're wrong. The heart may be weak, and sometimes, it may even give in. But I know, deep inside it, there is a light that never goes out."-Sora

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 17 years ago

Try http://www.imageshack.us
You don't have to register, and they allow images up to 1.5MB.

1magus
Robot President

Thank You very much I will give it a shot.
"You're wrong. The heart may be weak, and sometimes, it may even give in. But I know, deep inside it, there is a light that never goes out."-Sora

1magus
Robot President

It still did not work! The file is 4.something MB large I think it is XP it keeps resizing the file sure I can zoom in but websites don't know to zoom in. What do I do now?

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 17 years ago

Photobucket's FAQ wrote:Q: What is the maximum image size that I can upload?
A: Images larger than 1 MB will be automatically resized to 1 MB or smaller. If you are a Photobucket Pro account subscriber, this limit is now 2 MB.

ImageShack's FAQ wrote:Are there any restrictions to the size of my uploaded images?
Each image you upload must be less than 1.5 megabytes in size. If it is greater than that amount, your image will be resized.

Sorry, I can't think of any free service that would allow you to upload such a huge file. That doesn't mean there aren't any though. That's not a problem with your computer.

1magus
Robot President

Astro Forever wrote:Sorry, I can't think of any free service that would allow you to upload such a huge file. That doesn't mean there aren't any though. That's not a problem with your computer.

I have seen posts here that you guys post large pics from Astro Boy how do you post those?

Astro Forever
Administrator

1magus wrote:I have seen posts here that you guys post large pics from Astro Boy how do you post those?

What's important is not the size in pixels (width and height) but the size in bytes. What's the format of your image? A .bmp format will be very large, but a .jpg or .gif file is compressed and will be much more smaller.

1magus
Robot President

I think bmp it says it is a bitmap image and opens in PAint but not by default.

Mark
Administrator

Postby Mark » 17 years ago

If you can, try to save the image in GIF, JPG or PNG format. You may have to play around with the save settings a bit to avoid losing too much quality.

What are you using to edit/save your images?

Astro Forever
Administrator

Yes, a bitmap image is a .bmp file.

Open it in Paint (or with any similar software), then go to "File, Save As" and select the JPEG format in the "Type" drop-down list and you should be fine. :)

Return to “General Discussion”