Subtitles for Phoenix 2772

Off topic discussion.
DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 17 years ago

Do you know what the missing 30 seconds was?

Anapan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Anapan » 17 years ago

Nope, I haven't watched it myself.

TetsuwanBoy
Kokoro Robot

Postby TetsuwanBoy » 17 years ago

*SPOILERS*

(I can't remember the movie names of the Tezuka Characters at the moment)
It's the scene where Rock is yelling at Black Jack, and there was a bit of monolouge from Black Jack after he says "I'm only telling the truth", and then it cuts to Prime Rose comming out of the shower. That monolouge is missing from the new file. I believe thats how it went.

crazyd2000
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby crazyd2000 » 17 years ago

weird. VLC cant open it

TetsuwanBoy
Kokoro Robot

Won't open in VLC?

Please describe the error message that comes up.

Anapan said that he converted the file to Divix from that wierd MPEG4 hack codec so it should work.

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

I've just tried this in VLC. I get audio but no picture. According to GSpot, the video codec used is DivX 3 Fast-Motion which is an MPEG4 hack codec. According to my system I don't have this codec installed, but it plays fine in Windows Media Player and Media Player Classic. It's probably getting decoded through the old DivX412 codec I have installed, I know that one does DivX3 files.

Anapan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Anapan » 17 years ago

I'm out of town for 2 weeks, so it'd be difficult (but not impossible) to change the file from my hotel room. Redownloading it is redundant anyway.

The easiest thing is to change the file yourself. All I did was load the file into a 4cc changer (the identifier for what codec to use is 4 letters in the header) to another mpeg4 codec.

Load the file into a 4cc changer:
http://www.inmatrix.com/files/avic_download.shtml
http://www.codec-archiv.de/win/soprog/avic100.zip
and try changing the codec to one of these: DIVX XVID DIV4 MP43 MP42

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 17 years ago

"Anapan" wrote:I'm out of town for 2 weeks, so it'd be difficult (but not impossible) to change the file from my hotel room. Redownloading it is redundant anyway.

The easiest thing is to change the file yourself. All I did was load the file into a 4cc changer (the identifier for what codec to use is 4 letters in the header) to another mpeg4 codec.

Load the file into a 4cc changer:
http://www.inmatrix.com/files/avic_download.shtml
http://www.codec-archiv.de/win/soprog/avic100.zip
and try changing the codec to one of these: DIVX XVID DIV4 MP43 MP42

As I recall from the time I was studying game creation, the header file of a graphic image tells how to interpret the data. Such things as width, height, color depth, and any compression schemes. Are you saying that the only real difference between these A-V formats is the 4 letter code? :p

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

As far as decoding goes, I think they're the same. They should all follow the MPEG4 specification. The difference would be the encoding method. Some are proprietry. Divx3 is the same as Microsoft Mpeg4, it's just been hacked to work with the AVI format. This is where my understanding ends. :D

I tried changing the 4cc code from DIV4 to DIVX and DIV3, and it still wouldn't play in VLC. They still play in WMP and MPC, so have a go with another player Crazyd.

TetsuwanBoy
Kokoro Robot

I'm using ffdshow from sourceforge as the divix codec while playing it through VLC. Try that combo. Did not need to change any kind of code header whatsoever, so give it a shot.

Or even updating divix? I never like to use the "real codecs" They used to drive me nuts thats why i switched over to that sourceforge.net stuff like ffdshow and real alternative. That solved most of my problems (though VLC still does not play real media files yet...)

I wish i could help you more but i dont have the net at my house (I go to the local library and not often)

I hope you can watch the movie sometime soon, Dr. Frag. :unsure:

Return to “General Discussion”