Minister of Science

Skunk's career in pictures

Postby jeffbert » 16 years ago

I have quite a few, but just stumbled accross this one from Melmo:
I do not remember what was happening here, though. :lol:

mr skunk
Robot President

Postby mr skunk » 16 years ago

so....sooo.... ar-are you g-gonna post a-a-all of them???? :heart: :heart: :heart:

That is a very funny picture. And situation. I think I know what's happening!

"Skunk is angry because somebody pumped his chest full of air and totally drained his legs. And now he's out of proportion."

:rolleyes:
"Make like siamese twins and split.... and then one of you die."

jeffbert
Minister of Science

It will be a while, but I intend to do so.

mr skunk
Robot President

You've made me a very happy girl :)

jeffbert
Minister of Science

I just came accross that image while looking for images the the caption game.
I have pictures from 1/2 a dozen or more Tezuka cartoons, unfortunately, my Princess Knight collection is incomplete. I do not recall if Skunk appeared in Dororo, though I have many images. My focus now is to upload reviews of Astroboy manga that correspond to the 1963 animated series' episodes now showing on Adult Swim. So, it will be a while before I take time to look for Skunk pictures. However, I will upload any that I might come accross in the process. :lol:
Last edited by jeffbert on Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mr skunk
Robot President

I had a feeling this thread is a free for all, so I thought I'd post some of the pictures I found over time. :lol:

These images are from a recently downloaded episode of the new Black Jack series.

episode name: "Hospital Jack"
manga name: same
guest appearances: Saruta, Skunk, Walpur Guiss, Ben Heck(?)

Actually, I had a copy of this episode a few years back, but it was subbed in Korean. Either way, it's pretty easy to follow the story, even without translations.

Here we go!

In the episode, Saruta leads a group of theives in taking over the hospital. Here we see him, Skunk, and Walpur Guiss.

I really enjoy his cameos because I think he's a very versitile character. In this particular role, he's not as sinister as we've come to expect. While Black Jack's in the middle of opperating on a child, Skunk comes in weilding a gun and tells them to leave. When Black Jack says the patient will die if they do that, Skunk begins to have second thoughts.

....that is until Saruta comes in and takes over. Skunk takes them to a storage room and searches Black Jack for any weapons. When he finds a scalpel in Black Jack's coat, he gets suspicious, regardless of the fact that he just dragged them away from an operation in which many other sharp intruments were used.

So Black Jack's all, "Oh yeah, it's REAL strange for a doctor to carry around a scalpel...", making Skunk pretty angry. This scene is followed by some crazy kung-fu Skunk action, as you can see from all the wacky vertical lines in the background. SUSPENSE!

Oh ma god we're all confused. For about the fifteenth time, Skunk has found Black Jack and his doctor helpers sneaking around the corridors and into the opperating room, and has tried to drag them once again back to the storage closet. But Saruta comes in and instead wants them all to stay there and watch the patient die.

I think he's mad that his chin is so freakishly large.

Tired of being pushed around, Skunk takes matters into his own hands....... and then ends up running away once the SWAT team comes.

Of course, everyone is safe, the kid lives, Black Jack is a hero, and no one knows where Skunk went and what happened to him.

As usual.
Last edited by mr skunk on Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mess up

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Skunk's ability to elude and escape reminds me of the 60s Batman show. Much too soon after Batman has caught the bad guy, we see that same bad guy free again. Of course Katari also seemed to have this knack. :p
Last edited by jeffbert on Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tonigirl1000
Banned

Postby tonigirl1000 » 16 years ago

HI- Thanks, is Skunk, serious or just comical?

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Skunk is a serious criminal who occasionally suffers from comic-relief. :lol:

Upon viewing the first image in Mr. Skunk's post, I can reconize both Skunk & Saruta, but Walpur Guiss is just not close enough to his 80s appearance to recognize.

tonigirl1000
Banned

Postby tonigirl1000 » 16 years ago

Hi- Thank Jeffbert, he is sorta like the Joker?

Return to “General Discussion”