Moderators and Rules/Guidelines

Off topic discussion.
jeffbert
Minister of Science

Moderators and Rules/Guidelines

Postby jeffbert » 16 years ago

I am sorry about posting a link to this thread here, but with recent incidents, I believe I must.
"jeffbert" wrote:It has come to my attention that some members have been rather disrespectful of others, & have insulted them or their views. :cry: The ones who insult or otherwise offend others are mostly young people, presumidly tweens or teenagers. While it may be acceptible discourse among others in your age group to insult one another, be aware that some members are older than you are, and thus, you should be respectful toward ALL OTHER MEMBERS.

At the very top of the Forum Rules and Posting Guidelines (which every member should read), is this:

Respect the other members.
Do not flame, bash or insult the other members. Treat the other members with the same respect that you would expect from them. Remember, we are all from different nations, have different cultures, embrace different beliefs and are all entitled our own opinions. If you feel you cannot abide by this most basic rule, then please leave.

If you choose to exchange PMs with disrespectful things in them, fine; but keep the public forum clear this uncivil discourse.

I would really hate to resort to editing posts that do not respect other members, but if the alternative is to lose older members and have the forum dominated by whippersnappers who drive others away, it is either that, or ban the offenders. & I would tire quickly of editing offending posts!

Let me just say I hope it does not come to that. Be aware that I have begun discussing this with the other mods.

So, when you post, remember, Santa Claus sees you! :hyo:

All responses should be directed to the Forum Moderators and Rules/Guidelines thread in the Astroboy Discussion area. :astro:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 13 years ago

Let us be courteous to each other, my friends. Today, in a certain thread the arguments were quite upsetting. Why must some relish in making others sad? As I have already named names in the other thread, I will omit them here.

To those who were insulted, please forgive us for allowing the thing to go as far as it did. :blush:

To those who did the insulting, I should have censored you when this first started. A 3 day ban will be appropriate for the next offense.

To all: We really were slack in dealing with this, but do not count on slackness if this should occur again.

Xandreita93X
Kokoro Robot

Postby Xandreita93X » 11 years ago

how much time will be Toshio banned
this is unfair :/
My DA ->http://xandreita93x.deviantart.com/
I <3 Atom, Tenma , Tobio *o* and Ratom xDDD
I'M NOT SO GOOD AT ENGLISH, SORRY IF I MESSED UP XD
Si alguien aquí habla español, bienvenido sea :D DDD

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 11 years ago

"Xandreita93X" wrote:how much time will be Toshio banned
this is unfair :/

I don't know exactly what happened recently, but I'm glad to see Toshio with a ban since he was a pretty heavy forum flooder.

Xandreita93X, please don't contest the decisions of the moderators. They know what they're doing.
I'm on Twitter.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 11 years ago

Thank you, F-Man.

Astro Forever will share what happened, and why he was banned. Just send her a Private Message. These situations are never happy events, so when it happens, it only because things have transpired that jeopardized the forum.

We don't publicly share specific information out of respect for the people involved.
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 11 years ago

As AprilSeven just said, I won't reply publicly, but I can understand that members have questions, so if anybody has any, send me a private message.

We dislike banning members and when it comes to that, it is only when we don't see any other option, and after discussing with the member privately and reminding him or her of the rules.

Return to “General Discussion”