Howdy all :)

Off topic discussion.
Faded-Myth
Kokoro Robot

Howdy all :)

Postby Faded-Myth » 15 years ago

My name is Jon, and I'm from Western Australia. I work as an online content provider for our state newspaper (The West Australian), though my principal skills are 3D environment modeling. I'll be moving to Seattle in the US sometime this year.

Anyways, pleased to meet you all. Used to watch the 80's show when I was a kid, and the movie kind of prompted me to get back in touch with all things Astroboy.

Also, I seem to have an issue with my account. I've registered OK, but I can't edit my profile and add an avatar and all that jazz. I couldn't find a way to PM an admin either so I'm just asking here in lieu of another way. Can anyone throw any light on the subject?

Hope everyone's well =)
Last edited by Faded-Myth on Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 15 years ago

"Faded-Myth" wrote:My name is Jon, and I'm from Western Australia. I work as an online content provider for our state newspaper (The West Australian), though my principal skills are 3D environment modeling. I'll be moving to Seattle in the US sometime this year.

Anyways, pleased to meet you all. Used to watch the 80's show when I was a kid, and the movie kind of prompted me to get back in touch with all things Astroboy.

Also, I seem to have an issue with my account. I've registered OK, but I can't edit my profile and add an avatar and all that jazz. I couldn't find a way to PM an admin either so I'm just asking here in lieu of another way. Can anyone throw any light on the subject?

Hope everyone's well =)

Welcome and best wishes! :w00t:
The Mods will be with you shortly!
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

Vergere
Administrator

Postby Vergere » 15 years ago

Hello and welcome Faded-Myth.
Profile editing and private messaging have been disabled recently for new users to counter the increasing spam nuisance. You should be able to edit your profile and send and receive private message in a few days (14 at most).

Faded-Myth
Kokoro Robot

Not a problem. It'll give me enough time to come up with a witty sig :)

MightyAstro
Robot President

Postby MightyAstro » 15 years ago

Hello Faded-Myth. Very nice to meet you. :)

Faded-Myth
Kokoro Robot

Likewise! Another Aussie I see.

Mark
Administrator

Postby Mark » 15 years ago

Hiya Faded.

We got a little carried away with our user restrictions. We've had problems with bots registering in the past and are still trying to find the right balance between keeping the bots at bay whilst not hurting legitimate members. Seems we still have some fine tuing to do :)

In any case, you should be able to get into your profile now and send PMs. Hope you enjoy the forums. :astro:

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 15 years ago

Welcome, Faded-Myth! Good to see another Aussie. :)

Return to “General Discussion”