What languages do you speak?

Off topic discussion.
Reno
Metro City Citizen

What languages do you speak?

Postby Reno » 15 years ago

I'm a little new to this forum but I'd like to start a new thread ^^!

What languages/dialects do you speak or understand?

I think we have many members here from various places and backgrounds so it might be interesting :p .

Sailor Kitty
Metro City Citizen

Postby Sailor Kitty » 15 years ago

I'm blingual!

...I used to be trilingual, but that kinda dissapeared when I wasn't allowed to speak Norwegien again. My mother is from Norway, and my grandparents live there.

My mom refuses to speak anything but english with me, and has done that since I was a baby. I don't know why she did, but it scored me a second langauge. My native tounge is Swedish, though. ^__^

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 15 years ago

I speak English only; but know a few important words from anime & even a few from watching TV. I learned "Mach schnell" from watching Hogan's Heroes; & a few others from watching the History Channel. :lol: I also picked up a few from listening to Classical Music, when the announcer would read the names of compositions and tell the meanings. Saturday at the MET gave me a bit more; as the announcer would read the plot of an act before it was actually played. But I could only endure listening to one opera, which was Der Fliegende Holländer, because it was rather short. :p

When I was a kid, anything beyond the basics 3 Rs I thought was just another thing they used to make school suck more than it already did. :lol:

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 15 years ago

I speak mostly english, but I know a decent amount of phrases (and two alphabet cases) in Japanese. I used to know French (it's a required class in Canadian schools) but I only retained a few words. I used to know a kid from Italy who taught me two phrases, and a few swear words in Italian. :lol:

Reno
Metro City Citizen

Postby Reno » 15 years ago

"Sailor Kitty" wrote:I'm blingual!

...I used to be trilingual, but that kinda dissapeared when I wasn't allowed to speak Norwegien again. My mother is from Norway, and my grandparents live there.

Why weren't you able to speak Norwegien?

It's fun to learn a few words or phrases from people or TV or elsewhere ^^!

Uran-chan
Robot President

Postby Uran-chan » 15 years ago

Well i speak tagalog or filipino languege i speak english cause you can t understand if you want examples go to thread nice to be here by dark girl and find my comment 1st one....

Ataru Moroboshi
Robot President
Location: L'Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona province, Autonomous Community of Catalonia, Spain, Europe.

Postby Ataru Moroboshi » 15 years ago

Trilingual: Catalan (a language speaked on some southern European territories), Spanish, English

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 15 years ago

French, English.

Uran-chan
Robot President

Postby Uran-chan » 15 years ago

Does anyone of you know the meaning of

:katakana

:Kanji

and Romanji??

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 15 years ago

Those are different ways to write Japanese: Katakana, Kanji and Romaji.
Last edited by fafner on Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: badly formulated
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Return to “General Discussion”