September 11th

Off topic discussion.
dannavy85
Banned

September 11th

Postby dannavy85 » 14 years ago

Nothing at all...just leave a picture...

Big Astro Fan
Robot President

Postby Big Astro Fan » 14 years ago

I have a DVD documentary that was suppose to be about a rookie firefighter. It has, from what I was told, the only video of the first plane hitting the North tower. It is so spooky. I don't think we should ever forget what happend to help protect ourselves in the future.

MightyAstro
Robot President

Postby MightyAstro » 14 years ago

:cry: :cry: :cry:

An enormous tragedy. May all those poor innocent victims on that day RIP

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 14 years ago

I did have a thought about this last Friday. I remembered what I was doing at the time.

:cry:

MightyAstro
Robot President

Postby MightyAstro » 14 years ago

I remember visiting some friends in my former hometown shortly after the event. One night I watched a movie with one of them. It wasn't actually the movie that had been advertised in the TV guide but it turned out to be a James Bond movie. I remember my friend exclaiming "We need James Bond to sort out the terrorists."

If only we could have had a real life 007 to prevent those terrorist attacks, but unfortunately things don't always turn out so well in real life as they do in movies, do they? :cry:

munquibyte
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby munquibyte » 14 years ago

I wouldn't be such a cynical, apathetic, sullen snot about this event if it wasn't used as emotional cannon fodder to justify the compromise of our civil liberties, crooked behavior overseas and bankruptcy of the country for the last eight years. :d oh:

Political rants aside, yeah, this was unimaginably bad stuff. :unsure:

Astro Forever
Administrator

I can see what you mean, munquibyte, but please let's just watch ourselves so this thread doesn't end up in a political battle.

You may think I'm overreacting but we're a small forum and we want to keep all our members. Past political discussions have left a few not too pleasant feelings and memories in some of our members (when they didn't leave...). :(

munquibyte
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby munquibyte » 14 years ago

;) Gotcha. I kept it short and vague, so the likelihood of a locked thread is pretty low.

Astro Forever
Administrator

:)

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 14 years ago

"MightyAstro" wrote:I remember visiting some friends in my former hometown shortly after the event. One night I watched a movie with one of them. It wasn't actually the movie that had been advertised in the TV guide but it turned out to be a James Bond movie. I remember my friend exclaiming "We need James Bond to sort out the terrorists."

If only we could have had a real life 007 to prevent those terrorist attacks, but unfortunately things don't always turn out so well in real life as they do in movies, do they? :cry:

Well the merchants of the Earth may have been slaughtered. And the Cathedral of cash and trade of the North and South may have crumbled.Image
But the final battle is yet to come.
Last edited by cybotron on Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

Return to “General Discussion”