Why hello there

Off topic discussion.
Daichi
Robot President

Why hello there

Postby Daichi » 14 years ago

First off, happy new year's to ye!
Let's drink to it.

So, it seems a lot has changed in my absence. Which is good, because I was gone for a long time. Like.... a really long time. There are new people and stuff. (But everyone I remember is still here, though, uh, right? >>)

I must say, I've also changed since last we met. I'm more......stable. Yes, that's the right word for it. Emotionally and physically. So I shouldn't be getting hospitalized anymore or going off on you guys. I've said it before, but I'm really sorry for causing trouble.

I would talk on about why I vanished and what's happened to me since then, but I don't want to make a scene or look like I'm vying for sympathy, or whatever. If you remember me, you know for a fact that I'm more comfortable starting fights than pity parties! And you better believe it!

And just to show you that things haven't changed, guess who was right all a-freaking-long about the Astro Boy movie?
That's right, meeeee~
It was an absolute trainwreck, just like I said all along! I wish I had been here to see the looks on your faces when you saw it. Bwahahahaha!!! :tenma:

.......lol wish I was kidding D:
What a slap in the face to Tezuka and to Astro Boy, seriously.

Anyways, though, I'm rambling a little. I guess I'm evading saying what I really want to again. Even though I've done a lot of growing up, or at least I'd like to believe I have, I still can't bring myself to just come out and say what I'm feeling.....still.

I missed this board. I really, really missed Astro Forever, Mr. Skunk, Hikaritail, and all my other homies here on AO. Yes, that means you too, Jeffbert, you crotchety old man! I never forgot that promise.

Well, in conclusion, thanks for reading this slightly-rambling, long-butt post.
I'm looking forward to posting again, but before I do, I'm gonna try to get my bearings and see what responses come up. There are a lot of new threads and people, and it's a little on the overwhelming side. Hehehee.
I'll do some art for you guys. You can make a collective request or something, if you can all agree on just one thing.

I will see you soon. :hyo:
Last edited by Daichi on Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"You will never understand how this feels. Look at me, I'm neither truly human nor truly robot. I'm a monster."
-Atlas

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 14 years ago

Hello, hello! Welcome back! :D

I got up one morning last week and thought of you, I almost sent your a private message but wasn't sure if I should or not. It's weird because in the last 10 days it's the second time it has happened to me - I think of somebody that I haven't spoken to in a long time and that somebody somehow comes back to me a few days later! :)

Overall, most of us enjoyed the movie even thought we thought it could have been more this or less that. It could have been worse, for sure.

I think you are a bit too hard on yourself. I thought it was going well when you left?

Daichi
Robot President

Hello, hello! Welcome back!

I got up one morning last week and thought of you, I almost sent your a private message but wasn't sure if I should or not. It's weird because in the last 10 days it's the second time it has happened to me - I think of somebody that I haven't spoken to in a long time and that somebody somehow comes back to me a few days later!

Overall, most of us enjoyed the movie even thought we thought it could have been more this or less that. It could have been worse, for sure.

I think you are a bit too hard on yourself. I thought it was going well when you left?

Hello to you, too, and thank you!

R-really? You were thinkin' of me? ._.
Hey, I'm really glad for you, that it happened that way. I think it's fate, I really do.

Whuh, enjoying the movie, trainwreck that it was? With a fanfiction-grade punk Mary-Sue 'omg-so-rebellious' love interest slapped in for good measure? Seriously, come on! D:

Um..... yeah, you're right. I guess, maybe I am bein' a little too hard on myself.
Well, I was getting along great with everybody at the end there. And I resisted the urge to smack some people, that's progress!

Oh, and I didn't leave because of anything you guys did or said, though, so please don't think that. I didn't want to say 'I'm back but who knows when I'll vanish again?' over and over.
There were other reasons too, naturally, but all the same.

Hey...... Thank you above all the other people. You helped me a lot then and just knowing that you care has done a lot for me and my spirits. I mean, you could've just banned me and been done with it, but you stuck with me and talked me straight. You basically taught me to stop being a bully and hate myself just a little bit less. That didn't just help me online, it helped me in life. I can't tell you how much that meant.
Last edited by Daichi on Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"You will never understand how this feels. Look at me, I'm neither truly human nor truly robot. I'm a monster."

-Atlas

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 14 years ago

Oops, I read your message but couldn't reply right away and then forgot...

Yes, I thought of you. And yes, I entered the movie theatre expecting the worst so I didn't find it that bad. ;) Not amazing, but I had a great time there anyway.

Hey...... Thank you above all the other people. You helped me a lot then and just knowing that you care has done a lot for me and my spirits. I mean, you could've just banned me and been done with it, but you stuck with me and talked me straight. You basically taught me to stop being a bully and hate myself just a little bit less. That didn't just help me online, it helped me in life. I can't tell you how much that meant.

You're welcome. :) I do feel you are giving me too much credit. I thought you were rought at times in the beginning, but reading you, one would think you really posted a lot of awful things when you didn't. So it's not like I've done that much...? ;)

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 14 years ago

It is good to see you again, Daichi. :astro: As you yourself stated, you were a bit rough on some of our members, and I must insist that you do not resume that habit. :ninja:

Daichi
Robot President

"Astro Forever" wrote:Oops, I read your message but couldn't reply right away and then forgot...

Yes, I thought of you. And yes, I entered the movie theatre expecting the worst so I didn't find it that bad. ;) Not amazing, but I had a great time there anyway.

.....Wow. Interesting. What did you like about it?
As for me, I hated it. I did not come out disappointed. >>

Oh, and it's okay about the delay and all. I understand.

You're welcome. :) I do feel you are giving me too much credit. I thought you were rought at times in the beginning, but reading you, one would think you really posted a lot of awful things when you didn't. So it's not like I've done that much...? ;)

Yeah, I wasn't as bad as I guess I thought I was. But it still made me feel better that you were nice to me. C:

I'm pretty much a mellow guy now. I still duck in and out the hospital but life's doin' me well besides. And I won't be giving you much trouble..... I'll just talk about people behind their backs instead of to their faces. ;P

"jeffbert" wrote:It is good to see you again, Daichi. :astro: As you yourself stated, you were a bit rough on some of our members, and I must insist that you do not resume that habit. :ninja:

Uh, yes sir. ._.
Sheesh, good to see you too. Glad to see some things never change. :rolleyes:
Last edited by Daichi on Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

-Atlas

Return to “General Discussion”