Banned members using new IDs

Off topic discussion.

What do YOU think we should do about this?

Poll ended at 13 years ago

Fair is Fair; do not ban Avatargirl and unban others
6%
Fair is Fair; ban Avatargirl; keep others banned
47%
Do not Ban Avatargirl, thougth she is Tonigirl
24%
Undecided/other; see my post
24%

Total votes: 17

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 13 years ago

tHANKS SONIC very much

The Tawashi Bus Hat
Robot President

Postby The Tawashi Bus Hat » 13 years ago

Dang, I leave when all the juicy stuff is happening. xO But seriously, shouldn't this have been something that was discussed between mods? I mean, blurting it all out on the public forums is almost something that could be considered harassment on this forum. :/

I know it's "official businessorz" and whatnot, but really now. -_-" Just because they are behind an avatar doesn't mean they don't have feelings.

I think I'm much less appalled at avatargirl's posting style and more appalled at how this was brought up for the entire world and their grandmas to see. This should have been privately discussed between the mods and the user.

I shall not vote on this because it would not be fair for me to decide someone else's fate. :mad:

(angry-walk)
*dust*

Bakabits
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Bakabits » 13 years ago

"The Tawashi Bus Hat" wrote:Dang, I leave when all the juicy stuff is happening. xO But seriously, shouldn't this have been something that was discussed between mods? I mean, blurting it all out on the public forums is almost something that could be considered harassment on this forum. :/

I know it's "official businessorz" and whatnot, but really now. -_-" Just because they are behind an avatar doesn't mean they don't have feelings.

I think I'm much less appalled at avatargirl's posting style and more appalled at how this was brought up for the entire world and their grandmas to see. This should have been privately discussed between the mods and the user.

I shall not vote on this because it would not be fair for me to decide someone else's fate. :mad:

(angry-walk)

dude i said i was sorry. i am trying my best to fix this. i have been talking to the mods the best i can to fix this. please don't be mad.
Now active on MyAnimeList

The Tawashi Bus Hat
Robot President

"sonicx137" wrote:[QUOTE=The Tawashi Bus Hat;102427]Dang, I leave when all the juicy stuff is happening. xO But seriously, shouldn't this have been something that was discussed between mods? I mean, blurting it all out on the public forums is almost something that could be considered harassment on this forum. :/

(angry-walk)

dude i said i was sorry. i am trying my best to fix this. i have been talking to the mods the best i can to fix this. please don't be mad.[/QUOTE]

I'm not mad at you, I'm more mad at the situation. :/ Being mad at someone won't really fix anything, I just wanted to say that it could've been handled better...

If I was mad at you, I'd been all like "OMGAH SONIC I HATE JOOOO RAWRGAH" but I'd never do that. :3
(Or would I? THE MYSTERY LIVES ON!!!)

/end off-topicness
*dust*

the 鉄腕アトム fan
Beyond the Stars

Postby the 鉄腕アトム fan » 13 years ago

?

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 13 years ago

Jeffbert is sort of to blame for, like, seeing Sonicx137's post in the other forum and going "OH GOD YOU GUYS WE MUST HAVE AN ULTIMATUM." All this did was make us all go through the horrible process of wondering whether or not to damn a young girl from this forum, and make the one person truly wanting Avatargirl banned feel justified in his reaction.

And then there's me to blame, too, for being the first to post in this thread, and for voting on the negative. I was sort of annoyed by a few of her posts since it contrasted with myself and my gender crisis (I am Spike Spiegel and Radical Ed at the same time) but geez, I couldn't stand it if I were in Avatargirl's position here.

I'm glad you can stay here, Avatargirl. :) I'm so sorry that I got convinced to vote against you.
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 13 years ago

jeffbert's idea, if you read his post closely, wasn't to discuss only avatargirl's case, but whether is was fair to let somebody back when that person had already been banned (or, as tonigirl was, put on probation, which meant she can read and send and receive PMs, but not post on the forum). If we let one member come back, then shouldn't we also let other members come back? We've had one in particular who tried to come back several times by several means. If we agree to let avatargirl back even though we can only admit we did, in fact, know who she was, then on which basis could we not do the same thing if the other member decides to try to come back again? I'm pretty sure some of you would ask this question if the situation should happen.

However, the thread seemed to turn more around avatargirl's particular case (which I am also guilty of since I didn't try to shift it to the original question prior to this post). Maybe it wasn't a good idea to start it, but in any case I think this thread was useful in highlighting that there is an ambivalence towards avatargirl, that she is sweet and there is room for her, but that she can also be annoying at the same time. That's pretty much how the moderators felt too. So we can conclude that it means that avatargirl shouldn't be put among all the other banned members, and thus that the question over whether we should allow banned members to come back may not really apply in this case.

I think we've found a way to let avatargirl post BUT we're going to use vBulletin's possibilities so there won't be threads popping up when they shouldn't be (or at least fewer of them). It was something we had thought of before back when she was put on probation, but there was a bug or something that wouldn't make it work. We've found a workaround this time though, but it's going to take a few more days before we can make it work, and then we'll evaluate how things are going for avatargirl, for the forum and for the moderators. :)

The Tawashi Bus Hat
Robot President

"Astro Forever" wrote:
However, the thread seemed to turn more around avatargirl's particular case (which I am also guilty of since I didn't try to shift it to the original question prior to this post). Maybe it wasn't a good idea to start it, but in any case I think this thread was useful in highlighting that there is an ambivalence towards avatargirl, that she is sweet and there is room for her, but that she can also be annoying at the same time. That's pretty much how the moderators felt too. So we can conclude that it means that avatargirl shouldn't be put among all the other banned members, and thus that the question over whether we should allow banned members to come back may not really apply in this case.

THIS is what I was upset about. :shifty: Discussing how any sort of member-involved incident should be handled is something that can be discussed publicly without having anyone being targeted. But, when the instance of name-dropping was overshadowing the original topic, it practically defeated the purpose of the discussion in the first place.

I have no problem discussing if users who were banned or otherwise should be allowed back onto the forum. I don't like having members on trial like this. :/ I'm sure Jeffbert's and Sonic's intentions were anything but malicious in any way, but this really turned into a circus. :d oh:

I believe this was not intentional, but it just really makes me feel...I guess the right word would be furious. Not at anyone in particular, just to be sure. More at the fact that it was allowed to build to the trial that it practically became...

Not to be a suck-up or whatever, but I thank you Astro Forever for looking into how these instances can be improved upon. I may not have been a part of this forum for long, but I really want to be able to treat other members fairly and not put them on the spot like this. :(
*dust*

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 13 years ago

"The Tawashi Bus Hat" wrote:Not to be a suck-up or whatever, but I thank you Astro Forever for looking into how these instances can be improved upon. I may not have been a part of this forum for long, but I really want to be able to treat other members fairly and not put them on the spot like this. :(

You are welcome, but it wasn't only my idea. I don't know who got the idea in the first place back then but I don't think it was me, and this time jeffbert did. Avatargirl will still be able to post but how we're going to manage this is going to be the result of input from all three moderators. :)

You know I did feel for avatargirl in this thread. :( However, while I agree this should have been brought up in private to begin with, let me say this: if you've been warned and have received numerous explanations, then been barred from posting on the forum, come back without asking, been warned again and, while showing improvement, also kept posting in the same manner that was deemed annoying by other members in the past, even if you're a nice person, it shouldn't be too much of a shock either when finally somebody displays a moment of impatience on the forum and there are reactions, even if they aren't ideal. :unsure:
Last edited by Astro Forever on Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 13 years ago

Thanks ASTRO FOREVER- AND everyone else i am sorry for my mistakes but i truly love the people here and love posting here. Thanks for giving me another chance and please tell me how i can keep posting here please- because i love coming here and will try always to be polite and never annoying.

Return to “General Discussion”