Is Twilight any good?

Off topic discussion.
Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Is Twilight any good?

Postby Alittleacorn » 14 years ago

Seriously, is it?

I read the first book...couldn't make it to the do end because it was nothing but 'Edward this, Edward that' the film is very much the same for me, although from what I could tell they didn't make Edward's reactions so random. Bella however, needs to take some happy pills o_o why does she looks so glum all the time?

I don't know what it is, I know fans out there like the series and I respect that. Yet, I feel it could've been something really epic if it hadn't focused completely on the Edward thing. although I haven't seen all the movies and books to judge @_@ all I know is that it's a boyfriend's worst nightmare.

And what's with the shirtless men everywhere!? o.o;

So really, is Twilight any good?

karl0s
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby karl0s » 14 years ago

Nope, the movies are mediocre at best. The only reason it is so popular is because unintelligent little girls will fork out all their parents money to see shirtless boys with weird superpowers. That's it.
Sig and avatar thanks to Alittleacorn :lol:

Bakabits
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Bakabits » 14 years ago

"karl0s" wrote:Nope, the movies are mediocre at best. The only reason it is so popular is because unintelligent little girls will fork out all their parents money to see shirtless boys with weird superpowers. That's it.

so true! you nailed it! twilight sucks! so does justin beiber but thats besides the point. XD
Now active on MyAnimeList

karl0s
Rocket Ball Champion

Yeah, Beiber sucks aswell. But he will crash and burn once he finally hits puberty

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 14 years ago

I really have no opinion on these two subjects, but I don't wanna say they suck. I'm too preoccupied with anime and cartoons at the momment. :rolleyes:
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 14 years ago

I haven't read/seen the book/movie but a bunch of middle-aged (okay, some of you guys on this forum would say OLD) women I work with are so completely ga-ga over Twilight -- they recently went to a MARATHON that began at 6 pm and ended at midnight when they watched the premiere of the latest film. I had one of my friends describe the storyline to me. I just don't "get" the appeal. Just can't get past that undead/bloodsucking thing.
*shivers* :cry:
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

karl0s
Rocket Ball Champion

Yeah, those Twi-hard mums. I've heard of them, i think they just looking at the shirtless guys the same as their kids do, only difference is that they are about 30 years older.

Bakabits
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Bakabits » 14 years ago

"karl0s" wrote:Yeah, Beiber sucks aswell. But he will crash and burn once he finally hits puberty

i hope so. i almost got attacked at a camp i am helping out at for saying stuff about justin beiber. mean stuff that is.XD
"Anime Girl 14" wrote:I really have no opinion on these two subjects, but I don't wanna say they suck. I'm too preoccupied with anime and cartoons at the momment. :rolleyes:

keep it that way. its a Good thing you are doing. :) stay away from this stuff.
Now active on MyAnimeList

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 14 years ago

Well, here's Twilight in a nutshell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqvg0C90FhM

And the fandom just SCARES me. I bet you if Astroboy had been Astroman, the robots had been vampires, and they twinkled in the sun, crazy fangirls would've flocked to see Astroboy

karl0s
Rocket Ball Champion

I don't think i could stand to see Astro mobbed by so many idiots. I don't think Twihards are the sort of people that would even understand Astro.

[100 posts!! :D ]

Return to “General Discussion”