New members, please introduce yourselves here

Off topic discussion.
Satus
Robot President

Postby Satus » 12 years ago

Hello and welcome to the forums, Amaryllis. :) I hope you like it here.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 12 years ago

Welcome, Amaryllis! :)

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 12 years ago

Welcome, Amaryllis! :)

Novacain
Beyond the Stars

Postby Novacain » 12 years ago

Hello Astrogirl927 and Amaryllis! Welcome to ABO :)

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 12 years ago

hi ASTROGIRL927 and AMARYLLIS- so glad you ARE HERE- I LOVE COMING HERE AND HOPE YOU DO TOO- AND HOPE WE WILL BE FRIENDS- WOULD BE A HONOR- THANKS - PRAY YOU THE VERY BEST POSSIBLE

BlueCore
Robot President

Postby BlueCore » 12 years ago

Every one in the little town i live in all hate astro boy! I dont get it! I try to show them episodes or even the movie but it doesnt work!!! The whole school makes fun of me for my crazy astro boy self!
"My name is Jack Frost. How do I know that? Because the moon told me. So if the moon tells you something, believe it..." ~jack frost, Rise of The Guardians

Gotta Love ASTRO BOY
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Gotta Love ASTRO BOY » 12 years ago

Welcome Amaryllis. I'm glad that yet another lurker has finally decided to join the fun :D . Welcome to the forums as a member :D . .... @Astrogirl1927; Yeah thats typical. Not many people can understand Astro, because they aren't open to trying.
Last edited by Gotta Love ASTRO BOY on Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Executor
Kokoro Robot

Postby Executor » 12 years ago

Hi, I'm Executor. I've just joined your site today. I'm a gamer and currently a college senior.

The first experience I had with Astro Boy came with the dub of the 2003 series on the WB and Toonami. Didn't really hold my interest, but the GBA game really hooked me on Tezuka in general and Astro in particular.

My personal favorite incarnation is the 1980 series and I have seen some bits and pieces of the 1963 show. Haven't read any of the manga.

Also saw a few episodes of "Kimba the White Lion" and "In the Beginning".

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 12 years ago

Welcome Executor to ABO and to the world of Tezuka.

It's always interesting to learn of "which" Astro Boy hooked member's interest, and I'd say the 1980's series and 2009 movie are the two most popular incarnations (you didn't mention the movie - did you happen to see that?)

Hope you enjoy your time here!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Executor
Kokoro Robot

Postby Executor » 12 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:Welcome Executor to ABO and to the world of Tezuka.

It's always interesting to learn of "which" Astro Boy hooked member's interest, and I'd say the 1980's series and 2009 movie are the two most popular incarnations (you didn't mention the movie - did you happen to see that?)

Hope you enjoy your time here!

Oh yes, I saw the movie... in fact, I was the only person in the theater (true story). Personally, I think it's rather underrated.

Return to “General Discussion”