Off topic discussion.
Amiral Mos
Kokoro Robot

Postby Amiral Mos » 8 years ago

Thanks !

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 8 years ago

"Rejoyce" wrote:That's really interesting. Maybe I should try to get a copy of Astro Boy Essays.

Schodt's book has quite a bit of interesting data in it; he was Tezuka's English interpreter on occasions.

Welcome to the forum, Amiral Mos!

Androidd Prince
Kokoro Robot

Postby Androidd Prince » 8 years ago

Hello, there! My name's Androidd... err, Prince -- Whichever you prefer, honestly.

I must admit that I'm quite, quite new to the Astro Boy series as a whole. Of course, I've known OF it since I was little. However, it's only been in recent years/months/weeks/days in which my interest has accelerated almost exponentially.

In general, one of my most favorite characteristics of characters in general is for them to be an android, in some suit of armor, or something similar. I'm even working on a story of my own with characters that are super-advanced and essentially biological beings, but are composed of materials similar to androids. I'm mainly a visual artist, so it would be a graphic novel, but that of course does require writing as well.

On top of that, I have a soft spot for "forward thinking" and "progressive" ideals when it comes to humanity and morals and the future -- which I've heard Astro Boy pushes pretty hard. Always been a sucker for the philosophical and emotionally charged episodes of Star Trek TNG and other Sci Fi classics like Blade Runner and Cowboy Bebop.

Aside from that, here's my general list of likes/specifics that might help people of similar interests connect: Femboyism/Crossdressing, transhumanism, video games (I own XB1, Wii U, Wii, GCN, and 3DS), art, science, space, fantasy/RPGs. More specific stuff not already mentioned: DBZ, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Titanfall, Halo, Bravely Default, Animal Crossing, Moomin, Steven Universe, Cave Story, Metroid, F-Zero stuff like that. Anyway, I'll shut up and move on now. <.<

Anyway, I really need this hour of sleep I'm getting in before I have to go to work. It's only a 6-hour shift, thankfully. After I get back, I'll probably watch the new Nintendo Direct, go crash in my bed, wake up, and either draw some fanart of Astro and Jetter or watch the 2003 anime. Hopefully I'll have some positive updates here soon!~

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 8 years ago

Welcome to the forum Prince! We have a lot in common and I cannot wait to see your contributions to the forum. It's great to see another Cave Story fan, I've been a fan of the game almost since its creation. We should talk about it sometime, maybe swap headcanons and such.

Androidd Prince
Kokoro Robot

Postby Androidd Prince » 8 years ago

Alright, so I know it's fairly late/early, but I had some... issues last night and just now got to watching the first episode...

WOW! This show is already amazing on the first episode! Beautifully designed, animated, written, and voice acted, and the music is great! On top of that, Atom's kindness, curiosity, and enthusiasm is just excellent. 10/10! Here's to hoping the rest of the series is just as good.

"Earthshine" wrote:Welcome to the forum Prince! We have a lot in common and I cannot wait to see your contributions to the forum. It's great to see another Cave Story fan, I've been a fan of the game almost since its creation. We should talk about it sometime, maybe swap headcanons and such.

Thanks! Yeah, let's~ I have Skype if you ever feel like taking stuff there, but hopefully there's a place on the forums here we can discuss it too?

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 8 years ago

"Androidd Prince" wrote:[QUOTE=Earthshine;236487]Welcome to the forum Prince! We have a lot in common and I cannot wait to see your contributions to the forum. It's great to see another Cave Story fan, I've been a fan of the game almost since its creation. We should talk about it sometime, maybe swap headcanons and such.

Thanks! Yeah, let's~ I have Skype if you ever feel like taking stuff there, but hopefully there's a place on the forums here we can discuss it too?[/QUOTE]

You can discuss Cave Story and your headcanons about it in the General Discussion sub-forum. Just create a thread for Cave Story in that sub-forum and you should be good to go. :)

Also, welcome to the forum!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 8 years ago

Welcome to the forums, Androidd Prince. :D

SCP-811Hatena
Kokoro Robot

Postby SCP-811Hatena » 8 years ago

Hello, I'm SCP-811Hatena. I have a DeviantArt account, and I have been an Astro Boy fan since late November, 2015. I have made a thread regarding some character redesigns I made right here: http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9523
I apologize if any of my design choices appear to be somewhat controversial, but regardless, I hope you all enjoy seeing my posts.

Firelord Zuko
Kokoro Robot

Postby Firelord Zuko » 8 years ago

Hello everybody. Before registering, I was sort of a roamer looking at various topics and threads. I wish I had signed up earlier so I could speak with some of the English dub voice actors/actresses.

I had no idea what Astro Boy was until about twelve years ago. Most Fridays after school that year was when my dad would checkout VHS of the series. They only had 3 volumes so I never got to see all the episodes. Because I was just in second grade, I had no means of accessing the other episodes until about four years ago when I bought the DVDs. I can't believe they put the final episode in volumes 1-3 on the VHS. At first I had no idea Astro's first Love was the finale!

Anyway, it's great to be here.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 8 years ago

Welcome to you both, SCP-811Hatena and Firelord Zuko!

It's great to see so many new members joining the forum!

Return to “General Discussion”