Astronomical girl
Banned

Postby Astronomical girl » 13 years ago

its ok :D HUG :wub:
Unyongnekasayo

AstroJulian
Kokoro Robot

Postby AstroJulian » 13 years ago

Greetings everyone, I am new here and just wanted to give you all a little shout out.
I am living in the Poughkeepsie, NY area right now for college ( returning adult student).I am an Anthropology major and Religious Studies minor. I will eventually teach World Religions at college level.My area of interest is Afro-Caribbean Religions.I have two cats-Isis and Nefertiti, they are sisters.I enjoy music ( Goldfrapp, Kylie Minogue, Madonna, Billie Holiday,everything really...), concerts, museums, cooking, theater, foreign and indy films.
I work part time at my college bookstore.
I have actually hung around the forum for some time... I came across Astro Boy a few years ago while googling something and Astro Boy came up in one of the searches and I was intrigued. I have been a fan ever since. I will say I love all the various incarnations of Astro, though I am especially fond of the b&w series first, then 80's Astro second. I collect some Astro stuff, not a hardcore collector, but I like the things I like.
This spring semester I am taking a "History of Manga" course that spends about 5-6 weeks discussing Osamu and Astro. I am truly excited for this course. Through Astro, I have been introduced to the other works of Osamu and definitely am into his other work as well, especially black Jack. I have two Astro tattos, one on the inside of each forearm. Ill try and post a pic.Hope to be a regular here on the forum as I usually check daily. Thanks for having me! AstroJulian ( That name came on my birthday recently as some coworkers made me an Astro Boy card and called me AstroJulian) :)
Last edited by AstroJulian on Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black Rabbit
Beyond the Stars

Postby Black Rabbit » 13 years ago

Welcome to the forum! ^-^ It's nice to have new members who enjoy Osamu Tezuka's works. :3
... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ... ...
bloop
... ... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ...

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 13 years ago

WELCOME TO THE FORUM! :D

Astronomical girl
Banned

Postby Astronomical girl » 13 years ago

NEWBIE! HUGGG!!!! :wub: WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!
Unyongnekasayo

atoms_gf
Robot President

Postby atoms_gf » 13 years ago

welcome ^_^ i hope you have a great time here :)

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 13 years ago

"AstroJulian" wrote:.I am an Anthropology major and Religious Studies minor. I will eventually teach World Religions at college level.My area of interest is Afro-Caribbean Religions.

Welcome, AstroJulian. I studied Humanities as a major; I took 6 hours of world religions & I believe 6 on Joseph Campbell's theories on mythology. My minor was PSYC. I still find these subjects interesting, though right now I am working on material I hope will become a book about Astroboy. Please feel free, no, compelled to share the stuff you learn in your manga class with us! :p

Do you read Japanese? If so, I have a link to online manga, for Y100 / 48 hours of access. Though I cannot read J--, I can usually understand the stories through the images. :astro:

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

Postby Astro Boy2866 » 13 years ago

Welcome to the forum, AstroJulian :D

Astro tatoos, that's awesome :w00t:

Return to “General Discussion”