Sweetest/saddest moments you've seen.

Off topic discussion.
Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Sweetest/saddest moments you've seen.

Postby Alittleacorn » 13 years ago

I thought it might be interesting if we all shared moments that have made us laugh or cry in whatever media (it can even be a song) and give your thoughts on it. Even better, if the scene happens to be online somewhere, link it!

Here one I’d like to share with you =3

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Xion’s Death
Video Here :cry:

This scene really made me burst into tears first time I saw it. So there are these beings call Nobodies, who are created when a person loses their heart (soul). Nobodies have no hearts, thus no emotions and only act on what they remember doing as humans.

Three Nobodies, Roxas, Xion and Axel are in a group of Nobodies called ‘Organisation 13’ who are slaying creatures called ‘Heartless’ and capturing the hearts they release. With them their goal is create Kingdom Hearts, and gain their own hearts in return.

Xion however, is not a Nobody. She is a puppet (or clone) created from the memories of a boy named Sora (who Roxas used to be) and took on the appearance of Kairi, a girl Sora knows.

Because Sora needs his memories in order to waken, Xion decides she must return to where she belongs, but at a cost no one will remember her existence, for after all she is just a memory. Xion forces Roxas into fighting her as to make this happen and he manages to win.

As Xion lays dying, everybody's memory of her start to fade that even Roxas cannot recall fighting her and struggles to remember who she is. Her name comes back to him just as she dies, but not long after Xion is gone she vanishes from his memory completely and everyone else's... :cry:

The line ‘Who else will I have ice cream with?’ is an important one. After every mission, Roxas, Xion and Axel would sit up on top the clock tower and eat ice cream, as they related it to something they believed ‘friends’ did. So Roxas’s question really comes from losing his friend.

Another line ‘You’re both my best friends’ is something the three question in the game. If a person is a friend, then is a best friend different? Just showing how naïve they really are as Nobodies.

:cry: Roxas crying at the end always gets me, because Nobodies shouldn't have emotions, so why the wittle blond crying for his dead friend?
Last edited by Alittleacorn on Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 13 years ago

What comes to mind is the scene of the mother elephant's death in Pura the baby elephant (Jimbo the great). The mama is dead, & the baby tries to revive her, crying "mama, mama!" Come to think of it, I do not recall if the English version glossed over mama's death. Anyway, as much as I do not like elephants, I guess cartoon ones are O.k. This was very touching. :heart:

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 13 years ago

There was a happy ending, however they decided to "cut it off" in the USA DVD release of Osamu Tezuka's Metropolis, so its kinda sadd :cry:

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

STAY IN MY MEMORY

This music video makes me up choke up with tears, happy and sad. :cry: It's not a an officail video but a fan made one and beautifully done with drawings and animations. It's about this girl who loses her guy and this journey to a tearful ending ;o;

(note: some reason the video is not in synch, you can find the in synch version here)
Last edited by Alittleacorn on Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 13 years ago

"Alittleacorn" wrote:STAY IN MY MEMORY

This music video makes me up choke up with tears, happy and sad. :cry: It's not a an officail video but a fan made one and beautifully done with drawings and animations. It's about this girl who loses her guy and this journey to a tearful ending ;o;

(note: some reason the video is not in synch, you can find the in synch version here)

That was amazing -- music and visuals. Yep, it does bring you to tears. Loved her riding the dragon :)
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Well, this wouldn't exactly qualify as a "sweetest or saddest moments (despite the fact its a bit sad) however its quite good and after all its from a OSAMU TEZUKA film!! Anyway... here's the hyperlink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI0ewvz27lI

Please watch it to the end unless you are too bored or have a tight schedule or need to go to sleep or if O'Shay is nearby and you want to pull is nose before he goes away.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 13 years ago

Until I saw that scene, that song was just another song. :(

Ghost
Banned

Postby Ghost » 13 years ago

Never seen that movie before but it looks brilliant. For some reason (I think it's because of the music) that scene kind of reminds me of Bioshock.

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Yep I'll start a thread on it

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Aw I love that ending to the Metropolis :cry: I hate how they cut out of the credit's picture where Tima is in the shop window afterwards showing he rebuilt her. Although they should've had some teaser ending showing her opening her eyes, that might've done the same thing as the pic x3

Speaking of Metropolis, I love this amv on it. Really reflects that sad scene at the end T.T
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qf-aAVxE8s
Last edited by Alittleacorn on Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”