Left-Handed Fans

Off topic discussion.
Astronomical girl
Banned

Left-Handed Fans

Postby Astronomical girl » 13 years ago

this thread is dedicated to left handed discussions and to left handed fans (right handers are welcome) who is left handed? Here are some facts

15-8% of the human population is left handed

there are more lefted handed men then there are women

Of the seven most recent U.S. Presidents, four have been left-handed, including Barack Obama, while a fifth is said to have been ambidextrous. Ronald Reagan, who was left-handed by birth,became president after he defeated left-handed candidate George H W Bush in the Republican primary election. Four years earlier, Reagan had lost the Republican presidential primary to incumbent left-handed President Gerald Ford. George H W Bush succeeded Reagan and later ran for re-election against left-handers Bill Clinton[35] and Ross Perot.Clinton's second term opponents included Perot, and Bob Dole who had become left-handed when his right arm was paralyzed in combat fifty years earlier. Obama defeated left-handed Senator John McCain in his race for the presidency.Thus, a left-handed president was often the only possible outcome of an election.

British Prime Minister David Cameron is also left-handed,as are Mexican President Felipe Calderón and Australian Leader of the Opposition Tony Abbott.

August 13 is "Left hand day"
Unyongnekasayo

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 13 years ago

While I can remember the teacher switch pencils from one hand to the other when I was learning to write, I didn't know I was left handed until, as an adult, I was tested for my innate abilities. I was stunned -- but they had a couple tests that reveal what you are., and here I was a lefthanded person! :cool:

I do write right-handed -- but find that if I'm speaking in front of a group, or teaching, I tend to write on the board with my left hand (not conscious of it - it just happens). I've got a great backhand in tennis, can bat from either side, and paint with both hands, and I do live with dyslexia (I'm especially likely to recall numbers in exactly the opposite order). :eek:

It's very weird, and they actually recommended I learn to write with my left hand, but so far it seems like too much effort! I can't help but wonder, though, if I switched ... would my personality change? The testing service said I would become less frustrated. :cry:

So, yup, I am a left-handed person who has been BRAINWASHED!! :p

Doesn't Astro seem like he should be left-handed? Or at LEAST Tenma!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Astronomical girl
Banned

Tenma could be left handed or he has learned to write with both but De Vinci was supposedly left-handed

but i heard about that from my mom that kids would be swatted by the teacher for using their left hand :(
but when my parents found that i was left handed they were pretty suprised becuase neither one knew no one on their side of the family to be left handed besided my youngest brother ( i have two brothers) and i we are the only living members of either side to be lefted handed :eek:
Last edited by Astronomical girl on Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unyongnekasayo

Big Astro Fan
Robot President

Postby Big Astro Fan » 13 years ago

I'm left handed also.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 13 years ago

I've got two younger brothers, and one is left-handed, so we're similar there! I seem to know quite a few lefties . . . I'm surprised the percentage is so small! Another factoid - supposedly the corresponding foot to what ever hand you write with is slightly larger (and yes, my left foot is a bit bigger than my right).
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Astronomical girl
Banned

:eek:
another thing is that left handers use more of thier brain then people who are right handed. since the left side of our brain is controlled by the right those who are right handed used mostly the right side rather then the left but those who are left use both :p
left handers are the MINDCONTROLERS! :d evil:
Unyongnekasayo

Black Rabbit
Beyond the Stars

Postby Black Rabbit » 13 years ago

.... That's not nice, Astronomical girl. I am right handed. I don't understand why left handers are 'better'. =(
... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ... ...
bloop
... ... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ...

Astronomical girl
Banned

Uran&Astro,it was a joke and we're not "better" or "worser" then anybody else. its just something to feel special about. I am not looking to insult anybody
Unyongnekasayo

Tombo
Kokoro Robot

Postby Tombo » 13 years ago

I'm a Southpaw too.I do everything left-handed except I play Cricket and baseball right-handed.
Back in the days when they used ink pens (the type you dip) at school teachers would make lefties use their right hands so they didn't smudge their writing.

Astronomical girl
Banned

yeah,its rather crummy :d oh:

in the middle east Hebrew and Arabic is written from right to left ;) making it easier to write for those who are left handed
Unyongnekasayo

Return to “General Discussion”