Has a film/book/fanfiction/anime/song ever made you cry?

Off topic discussion.
dannavy85
Banned

Postby dannavy85 » 11 years ago

there have been many anime that made me cry. The top five are....

1. The death of Captain Avitar in the first Star Blazers season.

2. The death of Barefoot Gen's Father, Older sister, younger brother and new baby sister after the atomic bombing of Hiroshima.

3. When Naruto thought Sasuke had died during their confrontation with Zabusa and Haku on that bridge.

4. When Hahachidono sacrificed himself to stop the "Capital" ship in Samurai 7

5. Star Blazers again when Marine Sargent Knox paid homage to the men who died under his command on Planet Brumis.
"You guys have some serious Mommy issues."

AstroJulian
Kokoro Robot

Postby AstroJulian » 11 years ago

I almost always cry during the Astro Boy movie when he is found after the battle by the cherry blossom tree, to be recharged by Zog....sad tears, happy tears.
[sigpic][/sigpic]

AstroJulian
Kokoro Robot

Postby AstroJulian » 11 years ago

I'll also cry over a good movie, a book, or a song...
Isn't that what the arts is all about? To move us and make us feel?
[sigpic][/sigpic]

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 10 years ago

This thread was started by member Ghost. THAT is one movie that had a real tear jerker of an ending!
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 10 years ago

I usually don't cry when I'm watching/reading/listening to any media, but there are three instances I can think of in recent memory where I did actually cry or came very close:

1. Episode 12 of "Now and Then, Here and There". There is something that happens during the episode that almost brought me to tears when I watched through the series for the first time. I won't spoil it, but it's pretty dark to say the least.

2. Around 5 to 7 years ago, I would often cry while listening to "Mad World" by Gary Jules. There is also an AMV for Now and Then, Here and There that has "Mad World" that I would watch often and feel pretty emotional about.

3. A few months ago, I actually cried during the credits of my most recent playthrough of Kingdom Hearts 1. I honestly surprised myself when I did that. If I had to take a guess as to why I cried, it was probably because of a combination of nostalgia and a realization of just how good the game is. Probably mostly nostalgia though. :lol:

"dannavy85" wrote:2. The death of Barefoot Gen's Father, Older sister, younger brother and new baby sister after the atomic bombing of Hiroshima.

Forgot about that one. That didn't make me cry, but I did feel kind of depressed after that moment.
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Novacain
Beyond the Stars

Postby Novacain » 10 years ago

"Gotta Love ASTRO BOY" wrote:The book The Outsiders made me cry alot. I dont want to ruin the ending for any one so I'll just say I was crying the whole time I was reading the last 50 or so pages

I'll admit I got a bit emotional reading this. It's one of those reads that you won't forget. S.E Hinton was brilliant!

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 10 years ago

YES- SO SAD TO SEE ANYONE DIE THAT IS A LOVING CARING PERSON!

TOO MANY FOR ME - SO SAD!

ASTRO BOY IS AWESOME!
Rocket Ball Champion
Location: Hopefully space, probably not space most likely school

Postby ASTRO BOY IS AWESOME! » 10 years ago

Over this summer break I've been keeping track of the movies that made me cry or not (so far there's about 30 movies on the list) and the top 5 that made me cry were
1. Titanic (1997): I have no idea why but it was the saddest movie I've ever seen
2. Marley and Me: I related to this one a lot and made it twice as sad
3. Astro Boy (2009): see #4
4. Rise of the Guardians: (I'm a sucker for animated movies :lol :)
5. How to Train Your Dragon: see #4

Dante69
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Dante69 » 10 years ago

After I became obsessed with Astro Boy the soundtrack to the series in 2003 (Japanese) was enough to make me cry because it was so awesome!
When ever he gets out a a situation and becomes practically super hero it plays that music from the beginning, but a bit different. It always makes me so happy, and sometimes I cry tears of AWESOMENESS! Lol
:tenma: :astro: :o cha: LOL

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 10 years ago

In the Japanese soundtrack, in the second Atlas story, in the scenes where Astro sees Tobio in a memory, the original Astro theme is played slowly as if by a musicbox.
That was rather moving, I wish they had left that in the dub.

I wonder if there is a CD soundtrack album available from Japan?
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page

http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Return to “General Discussion”