Has a film/book/fanfiction/anime/song ever made you cry?

Off topic discussion.
Ghost
Banned

Has a film/book/fanfiction/anime/song ever made you cry?

Postby Ghost » 13 years ago

This is something that I wanted to ask some people. Has a story from a book, a fan fiction or a movie ever made you cry? Now I don't think I have ever cried because of anything like that, until today. Keep in mind that I am not a crybaby, I know this might seem very hard to believe if you know about me but I don't cry that often. I have watched sad stories and they have impacted me even a little but none have made me cry, ever.

Today is Christmas day 2010 and for the first time I think something like that actually made me cry today. This was written by Alittleacorn The 2003 Astro Boy Story, A Winter Wish

I really appreciate the time and effort she put in to writing this and making me cry by writing this I think is an achievement. Now the reason why this made me cry was because I have been depressed for a while and still am. I don't think I have felt that feeling of happiness and excitement from childhood on Christmas morning in a very long time. I don't know exactly why, but I guess this brought back some memories from early childhood and tears just came out.

Now I am curious, has anyone else here actually cried from a movie, book or anything of that nature. I'm really curious to hear other people's experiences.

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

I don't think I've ever actually cried from watching, reading or playing anything.

Maybe there was this one time when I was a little girl and was watching Little Bear, then I guess I kinda started to suddenly cry out of nostalgia or something, I'm not quite sure what it was really.

Some songs from certain video games have almost made me cry, mostly those from the Ace Attorney franchise.

atoms_gf
Robot President

Postby atoms_gf » 13 years ago

me neather apart from this one movie called grave of the fire flies..that almost made me cry its a very shady and sad story neatherless i dont cry very much infact hardly ever..

adi_nugraha
Kokoro Robot

Postby adi_nugraha » 13 years ago

I really liked the movie, depending on the type of mocie, sometimes a very sad movie can not make people cry, :D :D :D :D
Facebook
Twitter
[url=lesehan-blog.blogspot.com]Blog (Id language)[/url]
I`m Modeling, I`m Editing, I`m Animator, I`m AstroBoy Fans

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

Postby Astro Boy2866 » 13 years ago

I had listened to this one song that was very sad, but I didn't cry. In the song a husband was describing how much that he loved his wife, and that he wanted to be with her till the end. One day she became very sick and he did his best to tend to her and one day he goes out to the store to buy some food and when he came back "The angels took her away". It was a very sad song and I felt pretty emotional when I learned what it was about and when I listened to it.

The story that Alittleacorn wrote was very touching, and it was actually one of the best short stories that I have ever read. It didn't make me cry but it made me pretty mushy on the inside, for lack of a better term.
Image Astro Boy|鉄腕アトム [sigpic][/sigpic]

Check out diehard67's forum
Or check out my YouTube channel

plushietoon
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby plushietoon » 13 years ago

For my part, I tend to cry very easily. Most Disney films will get me teared up (especially the first time). Most recent Disney film, Toy Story 3. For those who haven't watched it, Pixar is good at making films as most of them are awesome!

I may have mentioned this before and it is a bit personal, but how I ended up loving Astro Boy was because I saw his 2009 movie when I was stuck at the hospital earlier this year due to an infection. The scene I saw was when Astro was forced to fight and the epic fight between him and the Peacekeeper. His death just grabbed my heart though I've seen MANY characters give up their lives to help others. I still recall still having tears at the credits and when the next movie started (the hospital just play films one after another).

Yesterday, I did play though a series of sad scenes in Dragon Quest VIII. However, I didn't cry then, but I still feel very guilty of seeing all those people die at the hands of the villain. Some sad scenes are still effective, even if you spoil yourself (yes I did spoil myself of the game, but that was before I got it.)

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 13 years ago

I very rarely cry when watching stuff. In fact, the only time when I recall - well, not crying, just like feeling 'mushy' on the inside is when I watched the 2001 Metropolis anime ending.

Black Rabbit
Beyond the Stars

Postby Black Rabbit » 13 years ago

I cried while watching Clannad, an anime. I watched Clannad After Story (A sequel to Clannad), and cried some more. ^-^; There have been some other anime that I have watched, and have started to cry at the happy parts or the sad parts.

My family and I watched Toy Story 3 and my brother, my mom and I all started to get teary eyed at the end. XD For some reason, I am unaffected by sad songs, but when I try to sing them, I start to get teary eyed. O.o

(Don't get me wrong, I'm not a major cry baby. XD)
... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ... ...
bloop
... ... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ...

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 13 years ago

Crying because of something fictional doesn't happen very often for me, but there's a few instances where it wasn't really a "happy" cry. In the part in How To Train Your Dragon after the Vikings catch Toothless, and Hiccup's dad makes him stay in that building, I almost cried because the whole scene of Hiccup trying to get his father to listen reminded me of myself and my father.

The following is really the only time...there's a really intense fight scene in Key The Metal Idol, where you think one of the characters close to Key has just been murdered, and I just exploded at that scene. (I felt a little stupid a while later, when the preview for the next episode showed clips that same guy walking around.)
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 13 years ago

I cry, laugh, shout and swoon over pretty much anything well written. I jump right in there with head and heart and it feels like I become "part of" what I'm reading or watching (If I'm reading, I "see/hear" a movie in my mind at the same time).
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Return to “General Discussion”