Has a film/book/fanfiction/anime/song ever made you cry?

Off topic discussion.
Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 13 years ago

I remember having tears in my eyes at the end of some movies, but real crying, I don't remember. I don't remember which movies either!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 13 years ago

:cry: Though I find it bothersome, I weep for certain songs. I occasionally laugh so hard I weep, but I suppose that does not count. :p I weep when

1. Running Bear & his girlfriend drown
  2. her (the young wife who is awaiting his return) Green Beret has met his fate
  3. Puff the Magic Dragon sadly slips into his cave
  4. & just about anything about Jesus as a baby is sung

:p As diligently as I try, I cannot withhold the tears. :lol:

My ex-fiancé crushed my heart one day, I have been weakened since then; though I cannot say that these are related.

atoms_gf
Robot President

Postby atoms_gf » 13 years ago

i understand some things are very hard for people to withstand crying along to :D but puff the dragon??! ...ok

jeffbert
Minister of Science

"atoms_gf" wrote:i understand some things are very hard for people to withstand crying along to :D but puff the dragon??! ...ok
:lol: Yes, because his friend is gone & he is lonely. When I was a kid, we had these rather crude (by modern standards) audio-visual books. I remember the "[ding] turn the page" from these. In a literal interpretation of Puff, there were pictures of Jackie Paper riding on Puff & all the fun they had. I was just a kid, so I wept when hearing the part I mentioned above. :p

Xenops
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Xenops » 13 years ago

My grandma used to love that song, because it is about a child growing up and leaving behind his childish things, unfortunately for Puff.

Probably the work that made me cry the most was when I thought Shelob killed Frodo in the LotR book. I was soo upset. Then I read further, and all was well. :blush:

Seirei no Moribito made me cry when Chagum felt it was his duty to find a job, and Balsa told him that she was going to be the provider, and he just cries for thankfulness. I found that strangely touching.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

There was a program I guess it was on HISTORY CHANNEL about a man known as UNCLE WIGGLY WINGS or THE CANDY BOMBER. My eyes simply gushed tears when I saw them dropping Hershy Bars on handkerchief parachutes to the kids in W Berlin. It was so touching that some who had not too long before that been dropping bombs were not only flying in food & supplies, but going so far as to spend their own $$ to lighten the burden on war torn children. :D

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 13 years ago

I do cry, but I don't cry that easy. It's got to have an emotional impact or I'm just not gonna weep.

Things that did make me cry however the end of both A.I and The Lovely Bones. Came out in tears :cry:

I also cried recently at the 15 minute movie Sintel, which I all recommend you see right now. All about a girl and her dragon, but can't spoil you on anymore than that T.T

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 13 years ago

Not really crying, but things started to get a bit emotional as Terminator 2 drew to a close.

I also liked the scene where during the ending Astro rushed into the Peackeeper.

AmericanSailor
Metro City Citizen

Postby AmericanSailor » 13 years ago

I am going off to college next year, so Toy Story 3 really hit home for me. And especially my mother.

Astro flying into the peacekeeper and the scene where tenma denies him as his son as well.

Not Really crying though, more lump in the throat and a couple tears, but not weeping or anything... However my mom was weeping several times during Toy Story 3

The Tawashi Bus Hat
Robot President

Postby The Tawashi Bus Hat » 13 years ago

I cried during the last volume of Chrono Crusade.

...oh, and during the endings of Professor Layton and the Unwound Future, FFIX, and Ico.

Also, I don't think there is ever a dry eye in the house whenever someone watches the first 10 minutes of The Land Before Time. Little Foot's mom dying is depressing as hell - more depressing than Bambi's mom dying, IMPO.

Am I a sap? Perhaps. Am I okay with that? You betcha.

@AmericanSailor - Toy Story 3 gets me choked up, too. (I could barely see the screen during that last 20 minutes lol)
*dust*

Return to “General Discussion”