Anyone flooded in Queensland ?

Off topic discussion.
cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 13 years ago

[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

atoms_gf
Robot President

Postby atoms_gf » 13 years ago

oh its not. -_- there putting it on tv in the moring and afternoon and on the radio still -_- and it cancelled shows -_-

Photar
Rocket Ball Champion

Floods

Postby Photar » 13 years ago

Hey guys. My wife was in Toowoomba on Monday and she was literally driving away from the tsunami to head out west to our home in Pittsworth (25kms west of Toowoomba). I still havent really come to grips with how devastated the town is. I work at the Toowoomba State High School (tried showing 'Greatest Robot in the World' part 2) to my science class for insight into how to stop a volcano from erupting..............

But yeah we're fine. Pittsworth apparently is pretty high up. But Our friends at Murphys creek havent been so lucky. We stayed there for New Years Eve and just on Monday Liza was walking up her driveway upto her armpits in water with a 6year old on one shoulder and a 2 year old on the other. Luckily a fire engine drove past and got them......but unfortunately all their animals are dead......as are probably about another 11 people there.......Its really not a good situation at the moment.

Take care everyone.

atoms_gf
Robot President

"Fotar" wrote:Hey guys. My wife was in Toowoomba on Monday and she was literally driving away from the tsunami to head out west to our home in Pittsworth (25kms west of Toowoomba). I still havent really come to grips with how devastated the town is. I work at the Toowoomba State High School (tried showing 'Greatest Robot in the World' part 2) to my science class for insight into how to stop a volcano from erupting..............

But yeah we're fine. Pittsworth apparently is pretty high up. But Our friends at Murphys creek havent been so lucky. We stayed there for New Years Eve and just on Monday Liza was walking up her driveway upto her armpits in water with a 6year old on one shoulder and a 2 year old on the other. Luckily a fire engine drove past and got them......but unfortunately all their animals are dead......as are probably about another 11 people there.......Its really not a good situation at the moment.

Take care everyone.
THATS TERREBABLE! :unsure: :o hmy: i hope there ok......

Photar
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Photar » 13 years ago

Thanks so much for your concern. Yeah they are fine. They were actually on Sky news yesterday.....theyre house was flooded and electrified and they had to stand on the couch until the power could get cut. They came over this morning to borrow our trailer. Bloody insurance companies are giving everyone a hard time at the moment because of the fact that most of the people lived near a creek of some sort (even though murphys creek at any time has about 2 inches of water in it ...........). But thanks again for your thoughts. They really are appreciated. :)

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 13 years ago

According to the news, the waters have slowly started to flow back out to sea. The crisis isn't over, though :shifty: :(

atoms_gf
Robot President

"Fotar" wrote:Thanks so much for your concern. Yeah they are fine. They were actually on Sky news yesterday.....theyre house was flooded and electrified and they had to stand on the couch until the power could get cut. They came over this morning to borrow our trailer. Bloody insurance companies are giving everyone a hard time at the moment because of the fact that most of the people lived near a creek of some sort (even though murphys creek at any time has about 2 inches of water in it ...........). But thanks again for your thoughts. They really are appreciated. :)

..........ouchie.. :d oh: also why did they need the trailer? oh :whistling: nevermind..

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 13 years ago

I hope everyomes ok.Brazil had a months rain in one day!
Insurance claims in Queensland....There maybe another round!
Hold on and stay alert.
Last edited by cybotron on Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 13 years ago

This is absolutely heartbreaking!! And those crumby insurance companies -- this is what happened after Hurricane Katrina here in the US. Keeping you all in my prayers to safely come through this (that footage of the cars being dragged away was incredible and SCARY!!

We need Astro to help!! QUICK -- SOMEBODY BUILD HIM PLEASE!!!!!!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

MightyAstro
Robot President

Postby MightyAstro » 13 years ago

I agree AprilSeven.

On the whole my city has been very blessed. What has been happening with people swept away and other horrible devastation in other places makes what we've had seem insignificant indeed. I'm pleased to be able to report that the waters are receding in my street and they never even reached my house. But I'm very saddened for the people in those hard-hit cities and towns. :(

Return to “General Discussion”