Emoticons: What is the meaning of THIS!?

Off topic discussion.
Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Emoticons: What is the meaning of THIS!?

Postby Alittleacorn » 13 years ago

:santa: <--- SERIOUSLY! What is up with the jolly fellow for an emoticon!? o_o

I can get it for Christmas, but that's like 1 day in 1 month of a whole year. For the rest of the 334 days, poor Saint Nick is just sitting in the smilies section, drinking bottle after bottle of whisky while sobbing over the fact he can't make knock knock jokes to the Pumpkin King and the Easter Bunny! T_T

:p irate: And what about this pirate guy? Not once have I felt the urge of being a pirate or commiting piracy in a thread. Then again maybe he's not a pirate, maybe he just has a black mouse in his eye and that hat scarf thing is really half a roasted chicken leg. o_o

But I guess, the biggest question I should be asking myself is this...

:tenma: WHY IS TENMA YELLOW!? O______O;;;;

IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE! @_@ AAAAAH! (hurls self out window)

(Please note that this thread is purely out of humor and I did not go jumping out of windows ^_^')

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 13 years ago

Tsk? :rolleyes:
Ask Denkou. :shifty: :santa:
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 13 years ago

I don't know why there is a Santa or a pirate smilie, they just happened to be there when we switched to vBulletin years ago. I never quite know how to use this one: :ninja: I'm always afraid that it will not be understood the way I want it to be, so I rarely use it.

"Alittleacorn" wrote:But I guess, the biggest question I should be asking myself is this...

:tenma: WHY IS TENMA YELLOW!? O______O;;;;

IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE! @_@ AAAAAH! (hurls self out window)

(Please note that this thread is purely out of humor and I did not go jumping out of windows ^_^')

I hope because I would feel terribly guilty since I am the one who created the Tenma smilie! :lol: Why yellow? Well, why not? Aren't all the smilies usually yellow?

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 13 years ago

:lol: I've got an idea why not use the Pirate and see what happens?
You know in Denkou there is a scene on a ship and there is a Lookout in the topmast. Maybe the Pirate relates to that. I've never had use for it or the red devil. Santa fit in with Tezuka's work for Xmas orgs. And the Ninja had utility for fans of Eastern cinema. But if its just random yikyak and the emoticons have no meaning then chenge them to pansies or whatever. In my Hypothesis it would make no differance. They would still be translatable into some cinematic Gestalt. They would still serve Psy-ops.You could insert any emoticons you wish.
You would be like a foolish schoolmaster trying to confiscate the Candy from Brats. Brats with lunch money that walk past a candy store everyday on the way to school. You will never be able to stop the inmates from sending secret messages to one another. :lol: :p irate:
Like the Egyptians. Cutting the internet and sat-tv links for all Egypt. Or the Gestopo trying to stop the French resistance from getting info from the BBC and ULTRA. You would change nothing. Did the sabotage of the Astroboy TV show change anything? We still got the 60's episodes on Adult Swim. We Still got the Movie made in Hong kong in spite of anybody. Pluto is yet to come anyway. And the Cyber Pirates are a reality. :p irate:
And The Cybot Astroboy is still tops in Techno pop culture anyway! Denkou broke into the museum and took the Egyptian artifact anyway! :lol:
:p You guys are so delicious.
What happens when the Hitler emoticon is played? :o hmy :? ??
P.S.
The Interior Cult of Disneyland is called the Pirates of the Carribean! Maybe the Pirate relates to Hollywood?
Last edited by cybotron on Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 13 years ago

heres a good question

why don't we have a tazuka icon
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

"Astro Forever" wrote:I hope because I would feel terribly guilty since I am the one who created the Tenma smilie! :lol: Why yellow? Well, why not? Aren't all the smilies usually yellow?

NUUUU! Don't feel guilty! It just confused meeeee :cry:

"diehard67" wrote:heres a good question

why don't we have a tazuka icon

And yeah yeah! Have a Tezuka smilie! :w00t:

Piglet approves :hyo:

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

"Alittleacorn" wrote::tenma: WHY IS TENMA YELLOW!? O______O;;;;

Because most smilies are yellow.

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 13 years ago

We should also have emoticons of Uran, Cobalt, Dr. Elefun, Mr. Mustachio, and maybe young Atlas from the 80's series.

:astro: - I'm a bit lonley with only Dr. Psyco, Chibi Piggy Goard, and I'm creeped out by all the other weirdos in with us.

:tenma: - Hey watch it!

:hyo: - (sarcasticly) Yeah, thanks alot.

:eek: :d oh: :mad: :wub: :lol: :rolleyes: :whistling: :heart: :cool: :santa: :shifty: :p :ninja: :cry: ;) :d evil: :D :p irate: :blush: :sick: :) :unsure: :( :w00t: :confused: :o hmy:
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Maybe users could create emoticons for the site and then send them to the mods for approval! =D

o_O Although, you'd have to be careful with that otherwise you could easily risk getting overflooded with them.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 13 years ago

The moderators do not have the rights to add smilies, but we could ask the owner.

The Tezuka picture is a great start, but why not try to transform it into a smilie? I'm not sure if resizing it would be enough, but it must be feasible to start from that picture and make it a smilie.

I have seen a Uran smilie elsewhere, as well as the matching Astro smilie (which is different than the one we have here).

Return to “General Discussion”