Adults making problems bigger

Off topic discussion.
Astronomical girl
Banned

Postby Astronomical girl » 13 years ago

My question was "do you think,grown ups are making exscuses for uncessary problems?"
Unyongnekasayo

Novacain
Beyond the Stars

Postby Novacain » 13 years ago

"InsaneAstroBoyLover" wrote:This is the kind of motivational writing skills that i dont have that makes me bad at writing stories. I Mean seriusly, Look at all those big words! O.o

Adults will do that for some reason :confused:

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 13 years ago

"InsaneAstroBoyLover" wrote:This is the kind of motivational writing skills that i dont have that makes me bad at writing stories. I Mean seriusly, Look at all those big words! O.o

I am an horrible fiction writer. ;) I attempted Nanowrimo one year and totally failed. It's the opposite with essays, which come easily to me. This is far from an essay though. :unsure:

"Novacain" wrote:Adults will do that for some reason :confused:

:lol:

"Astronomical girl" wrote:My question was "do you think,grown ups are making exscuses for uncessary problems?"

I was replying to your original post (I needed a bit of time to think of it). I hope I gave you a glimpse of how I see things as an adult, because one could probably write 100 pages over that topic and even then it would be just a fraction of what could be said. The topic is so broad.

I can't reply to your last question because I can't seem to understand what you mean by "unnecessary problem". Or, perhaps I could go back to my original post: what is an unnecessary problem to me and those who think like me may be the result of what was thought to be "necessary action" at some point in time by other people who thought they were actually bringing a solution. Some of them may still think it was the right thing to do, so they can't even think of "making excuses". As for myself, why would I feel the need to make an excuse for something I never believed in?

Sometimes, with time, some people who have played a part in history will admit they made mistakes. Some won't. But I'm not sure you can generalize to all "grown ups".
Last edited by Astro Forever on Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: another typo...

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 13 years ago

To me it seems that adults aren't so different that children: some are mature, and some others are immature and do crazy things. However, being in power positions adults are in position to do a lot of harm, while children aren't, that's why adults are the ones causing the troubles most of the times.

According to my experience, most things that go wrong are caused by what I would call "presuming bad faith", or "presuming evil". That is, people will think that other people do things wrongly on purpose. You see often variants of that in movies: someone stumbles and his/her drink will fall on someone else's clothes, who will invariably assume it was done on purpose. Well sometimes it is, but when it isn't the person will still assume bad faith. So if 2 persons mutually assume bad faith on possible things that the other one could do, you end up with one trying to be the first one to hit. A little more escalation and you end up with groups fighting over ridiculous things (such as supporters of a sport team hating with their hearts the supporters of the other team of the same city but in another district), and ultimately entire nations. As for why people always assume bad faith, I still have to guess... :confused:
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 13 years ago

I think that kids have a simplistic world view; they in this case, assume that if they were in charge, there would be fewer problems. :D I was young once, & thought I knew it all, too. :hyo:

Few adults want to leave the world worse than it was when they were born, & most want it better especially for their own children's sake. But there are consequences to even the best intentions. When medical science gave us antibiotics and prenatal care, these were thought good. But then the population grew. People were already fighting over possession of land, but this then became even worse. The internal combustion engine ended streets covered in horse poop, but itself had consequences. It just is not as easy as it seems, is it? :lol: Sometimes solving one problem causes several others.

:hyo:

If we all returned to the stone age overnight, we could read whatever manga remained, but that would end our enjoyment of anime. :tezuka: <--when did he 1st appear among the smilies?

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 13 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:If we all returned to the stone age overnight, we could read whatever manga remained, but that would end our enjoyment of anime. :tezuka: <--when did he 1st appear among the smilies?

Here! :D

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 13 years ago

hi- i just want everything to be better for everyone- why is war so easy but peace is hard? i have a simplistic view- i know-i truly believe if those adults in charge in those countries that start trouble really thought and care and love their own people- wars would end. IF my mind is childish and simple and i have sweet love in my heart- rather be that then- then some adults i have heard of in history- i have thin skin and i want everyone to like me but i have to face reality not everyone will and that makes me really sad- i just pray that everything will turn alright- and these problems will get solve somehow

CaptainAstro
Banned

Postby CaptainAstro » 13 years ago

my sister and myself had a lot of problems.

a few days ago my mom was shocked that there was a scrach on the tub.

my eldest sister and my mom got into a really bad fuss.

they argue, they yell, and when the fun is over i was completely sad about that arguement. :( :( :( :(

but the good news is that memorey of that thing was over. :D :D
My ship is called Time And Relitive Dimention In Space!
or for short the TARDIS! :D :D :D :D :D

Astronomical girl
Banned

Postby Astronomical girl » 13 years ago

:d oh: that is off topic
Unyongnekasayo

Return to “General Discussion”