Adults making problems bigger

Off topic discussion.
Astronomical girl
Banned

Adults making problems bigger

Postby Astronomical girl » 13 years ago

Ok,let me ask everybody something why do the adults of the world make problems turn into bigger problems then they really are or should be? World Economy? War in the middle east? All kinds of stuff that we hear about that's helping the news business get paid.I know Im sixteen and i know darn well that I can't fix problems yet but let's face it when X generation turns 18 it's our problem and the adult go at us about making excuses where they make them only theirs are worse affected,I understand that parents and grown ups are trying but why make unnecessary problems that will continue? I know some problems is a fact of living like the economy but war? we have no reason to go to war, I agree about the terrorists but really I don't want my kids to have a problem that my grandparents made for them.guys?
Unyongnekasayo

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 13 years ago

Please, let's not start to talk of specific wars. Just to make sure everyone is aware of the rule:

No Political or Religious discussions.
Though the General Discussion forum has been provided as a place to talk about almost anything, there are some threads that are just better left unstarted and such topics often only lead to heated arguments and offended members with hurt feelings.

This rule comes from difficulties we've had here in the past. It must still bring back bad memories to some of us.

Now, I believe it must be possible to reply to your question without giving any specific war/political/economical example, Astronomical girl, so I will leave the topic open but please everybody, let's be careful! ;)

Astronomical girl
Banned

Thanks,Astro Forever,for that,i'll be sure to keep that in mind
Unyongnekasayo

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 13 years ago

HI- These adults feel like they have no choice in what is happening- WARS MAKES NO SENSE- BUT THEY HAPPEN because people do not think things out clearly. IF the adults in power in all of these nations would think they would realize talking and making peace makes more sense then violence that gets many good people killed. They do not realize how awesome the universe is and how mankind should act in this universe. Killing each other is not what mankind should do- working together in peace is easier and makes more sense. I am sad and i pray that JESUS will wise these adults up soon .................

Astronomical girl
Banned

Personally they make exscuses where there shouldn't be, like "killing" the law says "no killing" yet we have wars,parents say" that kids make exscuses but adults make better ones"
Unyongnekasayo

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 13 years ago

hi- thanks- like i said or should had said wars and killings happen because someone is not thinking right. IF you are just minding your own business and not hurting anyone- but you are attack then you should defend yourself- the fighting is not your fault. The one who attack you was not thinking right- wars never make sense........
From what i know of history if you appear and really are strong and will defend yourself if attack you will not be attack. Unless they are insane(to me they are insane for starting something as cruel as a war is} they will not attack if they know you can defend yourself. MAKE me sad that people make money off of wars and other cruel things that exists that should not- pray JESUS wises these adults up soon.......

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 13 years ago

Guys, guys, knock it off. Astro Forever already said not to make political or overly religious topics like this.
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Astronomical girl
Banned

Do you think grown ups make excuses where there is not need?(originally I didn't want to involve politics or religion,just an intellectual conversation)
Unyongnekasayo

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 13 years ago

Astronomical girl, you know, I don't think I am that different than I was when I was half the age I am now. Just because one becomes a "grown up" doesn't change everything. Perhaps my interests have changed a little through the years, but as you can see, I still love Astro so... ;)

We do what we think is best individually. But, we ourselves live in a world our parents created, who themselves lived in a world they did not create themselves. Things didn't appear as they are now overnight, nor can they change overnight. What's more, it seems that nobody believes we live in a perfect world; probably everybody think things could be better, but there is rarely a consensus over what should be the destination and the way to get there. The questions you are asking, are asked by many if not all adults, but the answers aren't obvious, which is exactly why there is such a diversity of political opinions, for example.

It's also why it is difficult to separate politics or religion from this topic, because our opinions and beliefs are very personal, and are at the core of what motivates us to try to improve the world. :)
Last edited by Astro Forever on Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: typo

InsaneAstroBoyLover
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby InsaneAstroBoyLover » 13 years ago

"Astro Forever" wrote:Astronomical girl, you know, I don't think I am that different than I was when I was half the age I am now. Just because one becomes a "grown up" doesn't change everything. Perhaps my interests have changed a little through the years, but as you can see, I still love Astro so... ;)

We do what we think is best individually. But, we ourselves live in a world our parents created, who themselves lived in a world they did not create themselves. Things didn't appear as they are now overnight, nor can they change overnight. What's more, it seems that nobody believes we live in a perfect world; probably everybody think things could be better, but there is rarely a consensus over what should be the destination and the way to get there. The questions you are asking, are asked by many of not all adults, but the answers aren't obvious, which is exactly why there is such a diversity of political opinions, for example.

It's also why it is difficult to separate politics or religion from this topic, because our opinions and beliefs are very personal, and are at the core of what motivates us to try to improve the world. :)

This is the kind of motivational writing skills that i dont have that makes me bad at writing stories. I Mean seriusly, Look at all those big words! O.o

Return to “General Discussion”