What really bugs you in a fandom?

Off topic discussion.
Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 13 years ago

"wing area" wrote:[QUOTE=Xenops;121935]What do you mean? Like historical figures?

Usually it's about movie/tv stars or bands. I've never seen historical fanfic before, actually. (Unless you count the distorted accounts of history/bias in textbooks.)[/QUOTE]
I never even thought it could exist. :unsure:

The closest I've heard of would be a fanfic based on a fiction work including historical characters, such like The Three Musketeers, for example. Everything in the novel is centered around historical facts, including the main characters who for the most part really existed, but it remains fiction work.

King Porky
Kokoro Robot

Postby King Porky » 13 years ago

I agree with the real life fanfic stuff. One of the weirdest I've seen was someone who paired themselves up with a dead French king. I never remember her name or which king, but it seriously creeps me out whenever I see it.

As for what annoys me in fandom's it kinda changes from fandom to fandom... One thing I don't like overall is overpowered/Poorly worked out fan characters. No. Stop it, it's making the people who make fairly decent ones look bad!
Sexually explisit stuff doesn't really bother me, unless as mentioned earlier it's with real life people... Like all the TGWTG slash D: Otherwise I've lurked the darkest parts of the internet too much to be bothered.

Atm i'm in a love hate relationship with the Homestuck fandom. For all the people who make pretty cool fan art and Fan characters, you get people who make bad fan characters, people who just like it because it's the in thing, people who only talk about the Trolls and don't even acknowledge the other characters (WHERE IS MY WAYWARD VAGABOND FANART FANDOM?!?), and the lack of people who acknowledge the Serenity the Firefly joke (I honestly don't know why that annoys me so much but fffff)
Now now darling,
Oh don't kill yourself,
Cause none of us were angels

:heart: And you know I love you yeah! :heart:
King Porky:- The party don't start 'til I walk in~
Tumblr/Sketch Blog/Twitter

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 13 years ago

Not sure if this is what you mean by "furries" but I have a real "problem" with fanart that takes cat and fox ears and tails and sticks them on Astro and his cohorts.

What is up with THAT?

Some of the art looks uber-babyish, others seem as if they are trying to be sexy which is even WEIRDER.
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Xenops
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Xenops » 13 years ago

I'm not sure what is the appeal of random ear/tails either. I think the appeal is lost to me because I see it too much, and it doesn't make sense. Even when someone makes their own story about it, like Wolf and Spice. I like the FMA concept of Chimeras, because that makes sense, and they're not cute--they are rather grotesque.

I had just joined a Fullmetal Alchemist forum, and then realized that lots of members had dirty avatars and signatures. :( I'll probably stay over here where it's safe, thanks.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 13 years ago

:p :p :p
I'm on Twitter.

Xenops
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Xenops » 13 years ago

"F-Man" wrote:Image

:p :p :p

Evil, truly evil.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 13 years ago

I think the pink eyes are the weirdest thing in that picture! :lol:

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 13 years ago

@F-Man: EXACTLY!!!
It's just . . . . WEIRD!! Yes, the pink eyes -- but how about the BELL collar too.

And I don't like that "hand from nowhere" either!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

:tezuka: My creation is cute enough without going "Hello Kitty!"
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

atoms_gf
Robot President

Postby atoms_gf » 13 years ago

XD :lol: com'on guys its cute :) d,awww!! ^^

Bakabits
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Bakabits » 13 years ago

Ok i like this series "Total Drama" BUT i hate the fanbase. Total drama is a spoof of shows like "survivor" so people make weird (and sometimes nasty) stories and pictures about the characters. Some of the pictures are "over" drawn. this is mainly on pictures of the female characters. its disgusting. The show is ok but the fanbase is stupid.
Now active on MyAnimeList

Return to “General Discussion”