Obsessions!

Off topic discussion.
InsaneAstroBoyLover
Rocket Ball Champion

Obsessions!

Postby InsaneAstroBoyLover » 13 years ago

When i say obsession, i mean a hardcore obsession. My history of obsessions, Is long and easy. The obsessions of an otaku.
My first obsession- Image
Yes. I was about 6 or 7 at the time. I had about 15-20 shirts of Invader zim. I used to get up at 5:00 every morning just to watch it.
My second obsession- Image
If any one remembers the show of one (and still) of my favorite bands, i will be happy. Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi. probably was one of my shortest obsessions, but still awsome. :lol:
My third obsession- Image
I used to love this one so much, But I lost interest when I was unable to keep up with the episodes.
My fourth obsession- Image
Dont lie. You know you watched it.
My Fifth Obsession- Image
Yeah. probably one of my LONGEST obsessions ever. laster me at least 3 years.
My Sixth obsession- Image
This one lasted me a few months until it met my newest obsession...
My recent obsession(everyone's Truly)- Image
Alright, I know i did NOT need to provide a picture since He Burned into everyones brain. Strange way he got here. one Saturday night, I was flipping through the movie channels and saw Astro boy on the list. I remember seeing the trailers a year ago and remember seeing some of the old Astro on adult swim but then, It did not appeal to me. So, i decided to watch the movie, and after it was over, I felt great. I jumped on the computer and looked up some of his history, so i watched the 60's 80's and the 2003 series on YouTube. So after that, I realized turning on that computer that night, opened a whole new world, a Tezuka World. So thank you :tezuka: . I made this thread to hear your stories. To hear how Astro Boy came into your life. To hear how you got into Tezuka's World. :heart: :tezuka: Forevea!

kelzianna
Kokoro Robot

Postby kelzianna » 13 years ago

Haha sweet! I luv danny phantom too, Astro of course, i luv sonic the hedgehog too, and most resently, Gnomeo and Juliet movie haha :w00t: yah i didnt put up pics :ninja: hi-ya!

astrogirl0708
Kokoro Robot

Postby astrogirl0708 » 13 years ago

omg!i used to love every one of those exept for seed racer
[sigpic][/sigpic] :astro: :astro: :astro:
i-am-astrogirl!

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 13 years ago

When I was younger, my dream was to get every Sonic the Hedgehog games ever made. Ironically, when I started getting money, I stopped caring about games as much, especially the Sonic ones (Sonic Adventure is still the best game ever though). I'm a huge animation fan though, so I do collect all the animated series.

Speaking of animation: yeah, that's my biggest obsession, period.

Another one: films. Especially since the Blu-ray format launched, I couldn't get enough of them. Here's my collection so far:
http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?member=F-Man

And Tezuka obviously. I recently made an order of 60 books, so except for a few I can't quite find, I'll have every Tezuka manga ever translated in French, which is the language you can find the most of it in translation.
I'm on Twitter.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 13 years ago

FRENCH? Who knew!! C'est bon! Is that because until recently French was considered "the" international language (which is why I took it in high school)?

Le Petit robot est formidable!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Novacain
Beyond the Stars

Postby Novacain » 13 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:FRENCH? Who knew!! C'est bon! Is that because until recently French was considered "the" international language (which is why I took it in high school)?

Le Petit robot est formidable!

Je suis d'accord!
I have the 45 of Astro le petit robot,sung by Frank Olivier, Le Générique de L'émission télevisée. It's pretty cool.

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 13 years ago

I love ASTROBOY- HE IS MY FAVORITE- but i also love maybe i am obsessed- yes i admit it- with anything cute- oh girl! love everyone here and pray everyone eternal salvation and safety

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 13 years ago

Right now, I'm pretty fascinated with the music of Yasuyuki Okamura, an independent music producer and former J-Pop idol singer. I've got MP3 copies of forty of his songs...he's made all sorts of music, from mid-eighties pop-rock, to artsy Western-style tracks, but unfortunately he's served jail time for drug possession charges. (As well, he went from being adorably boyish to a Japanese Winnie the Pooh, which is weird when comparing pictures from 1988 and 2007.) I still love his music, regardless.

EDIT: Here's my favourite song by Okamura, Parachute Girl. I also put together a slideshow of pictures of him to liven it up.
Last edited by Fauna on Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Xenops
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Xenops » 13 years ago

I had many obsessions for each new Disney film that came out, but these are the main ones:

The Lion King. Shameful then, more shameful now that I'm a Tezuka fan. :whistling:

Veggie Tales. I still enjoy the "classics", the ones before Big Idea sold out. Now the episodes are super secular and sanitized. The old ones had quirky humor.

Lord of the Rings, painting by John Howe. I'm not as obsessed as I used to be, but I still consider this to be one the greatest works of our time. 2001 to present

Manga and Anime, in general. This is an image from Fullmetal Alchemist. Christmas 2009 to present.

Image Tezuka manga and anime, in general. Though Black Jack is my favorite. January 2001 to present.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 13 years ago

I love HiHi Puffy Amiyumi, though I would hardly call it an obsession. As for any SPEED RACER remake, I only watched a few episodes of the other one, though I had heard of the one you referenced above. I have the original ENGLISH DUBBED DVDs, & would not waste my time on any newer versions. I also have the English trans manga.

I enjoyed Zim for a while, but have not seen any but the few that nicktoons run; I would like to see more.

My own obsession: Tezuka anime & manga.

Return to “General Discussion”