Weather coinsidance or just my luck?

Off topic discussion.
diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 13 years ago

it is all us humans, we are runing the planet and likly won't fix it untill it is gettng to the point where it will cost more money not too.

the all mighty buck, biggest mistake man ever made.
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

Astronomical girl
Banned

Postby Astronomical girl » 13 years ago

I have no doubt we have been making mistakes but we are fixing them but also put in mind that the earth may also be going into a warm stage
Unyongnekasayo

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 13 years ago

well yes we are fixing things but we knew about the problems we are causing long before we started fixing.

also catrean knocked the earth of it's axis a fire dagrees, scientists think that will have no affect but devide the cercumphrince of the earth by 360, that is 69.17 miles or 111.32 kilometters per dagree of movement, that distence adds up and changes the angel of the sunlight hitting the earth and also screwing up the climate cycle.

the increase in savear wether is caused by globol warming witch is mostly our fault., there undoutedly some natural things affecting this but we didn't help 1 bit in the last 300 years.

with any luck we can smarten up and fix the damage we have caused before the planed desides it has had enough of us and kills off the human race.
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 13 years ago

"Astro Boy2866" wrote:Last year it was California's coldest summer and warmest winter. Weird :eek:

Did you know that in this decade we have 54 times the number of extreme weather occurrences than back in 1901 and almost 10 times the number than in 1980. Then they'res the queensland and melbourne floods. They say climate change is to blame, but I wonder whats going on. :unsure:

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 13 years ago

Whoaaa... its late spring here and yet it is STILL extremely cold... the winter wasn't actually that bad, though. :eek:

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 13 years ago

There is still flooding here (well my home is fine), as in some part of the US near the Canadian borders I assume. It rains a lot. Plus the northern US have had tornados recently, plus other parts of Canada had to deal with flooding, not to mention wild fires recently. :eek:

The Tawashi Bus Hat
Robot President

Postby The Tawashi Bus Hat » 13 years ago

Global climate change is something that happens normally during the course of the Earth's lifetime. It's happened several times in the past and it's just a cycle. Hell, there wasn't any ice on the planet when Dinos were around, amirite?

Also, one thing I learned in Geology is that the reason we seem to see more destructive earthquakes, tsunamis, floods ect, is because the Earth's population is exploding. Therefore, people are now living in places that have always been active but we haven't payed attention to them since no one was there.

Yeah, there's a hole in the ozone. Global warming, though, is a normal thing for the planet. The real question here is whether or nor human have had an affect on how fast it's happening (not that the increase in CO2 coincides with the industrial revolution or antyhing -winkwink- ).

So yeah, the Earth's not gonna shrivel up and break like a burnt match. Sure, the icebergs will melt, species will die, and heck - the human population may very well hit a stride where is begins to decrease rapidly. But, you know what? That's how the big blue sphere works. If I gotta die because I can't evolve to fit my environment, then oh well. xP

(On a side note, they discovered a planet that could sustain life. Problem is, it's a couple thousand light years away. yuk-yuk )
*dust*

Novacain
Beyond the Stars

Postby Novacain » 13 years ago

"The Tawashi Bus Hat" wrote:
(On a side note, they discovered a planet that could sustain life. Problem is, it's a couple thousand light years away. yuk-yuk )

Are you talking about Gliese581 g? Goldilocks?
I already have my stuffed packed, ya know... just incase... :d evil: :lol:

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 13 years ago

That planet can't be that far :confused:

*starts jumping*

Huh... higher :unsure:

*jumps higher*
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Gotta Love ASTRO BOY
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Gotta Love ASTRO BOY » 13 years ago

lol :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”