Ideas For the Forum! Mods Please Read.

Off topic discussion.
Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 13 years ago

"Fauna" wrote:I can see these contest being fun, but would the contests be run and supplied by moderators or members? If we had fan art requests as prizes, I'm the only moderator who can draw, and I doubt we'd be able to come up with enough material prizes without something like this in the end:

18 Y/O GIRL ROBS ANIME NOVELTY SHOP; POLICE UNABLE TO STOP LAUGHING

I mean, I have some Peacekeeper and Astro Happy Meal toys and one keychain I'd planned to sell that could be prizes, but those aren't fun prizes. :p

I guess it'd make sense if it was contolled by the mods, otherwise it could get out of hand. But on the subject of prizes, who says you have to win anything? There are those big amv contests at anime conventions and not all those have prizes, other than things like 'best in show'. For those, just competing is what matters.

What I'm saynig is, you could have prizes, just not all the time, maybe save that sort of thing if it's a special type of contest like on Astro's birthday, Tezuka's 80th or Christmas.

Either that, or paper mache this guy :hyo: and mail him to every winner, resulting in Hyo shaped parcels getting wedged in letterboxes. ^_^;

Novacain
Beyond the Stars

Postby Novacain » 13 years ago

"Alittleacorn" wrote:I guess it'd make sense if it was contolled by the mods, otherwise it could get out of hand. But on the subject of prizes, who says you have to win anything? There are those big amv contests at anime conventions and not all those have prizes, other than things like 'best in show'. For those, just competing is what matters.

What I'm saynig is, you could have prizes, just not all the time, maybe save that sort of thing if it's a special type of contest like on Astro's birthday, Tezuka's 80th or Christmas.

Either that, or paper mache this guy :hyo: and mail him to every winner, resulting in Hyo shaped parcels getting wedged in letterboxes. ^_^;

I agree it should be controlled by mods, but can't we take the initiative and merely run the contest itself? The moderators already have alot on their plate. If it does start to get out of hand then maybe bring it to their attention. We can maybe also do a points system for an incentive rather than a prize, or something along that line. Like adding little stars under your sig for every contest you win ( I can design stars that will burn into your retinas, I have a talent for that!!)... or like you said, just the competition is good too.

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

Postby Astro Boy2866 » 13 years ago

"Novacain" wrote:I can design stars that will burn into your retinas, I have a talent for that!!

Nooooooo, not again! I'm going to go blind before I turn 16 if you do that! :lol:

*watches your video again* "Hey guys, is it just me, or is Astro's head everywhere?"

I think the stars would be a good idea, or just winning for bragging rights.
Image Astro Boy|鉄腕アトム [sigpic][/sigpic]

Check out diehard67's forum
Or check out my YouTube channel

Novacain
Beyond the Stars

Postby Novacain » 13 years ago

"Astro Boy2866" wrote:Nooooooo, not again! I'm going to go blind before I turn 16 if you do that! :lol:

*watches your video again* "Hey guys, is it just me, or is Astro's head everywhere?"

I think the stars would be a good idea, or just winning for bragging rights.

:lol:
Well if your gonna have permanent damage it may as well be in the shape of Astro's head, wouldn't you agree? :astro: :astro: :astro: :astro: :astro: :astro:

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

Yeah, I guess.

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

3) Voice chat- There are programs like Ventrilo or Teamspeak for this.

I think this could work out if everyone got along. I think it's a good idea.

Return to “General Discussion”