Ideas For the Forum! Mods Please Read.

Off topic discussion.
Bakabits
Rocket Ball Champion

Ideas For the Forum! Mods Please Read.

Postby Bakabits » 13 years ago

Ok i've been thinking and i have a ideas for the forums. Other members please back me up!

1) Chat Room- Can we get one? i think it would be nice to talk amongst each other in real time.

2) Enhanced profiles- I know we have the avatars and sigs but i am talking about the profiles. One idea would be "Your Motto" or something to further describe you.

3) Voice chat- There are programs like Ventrilo or Teamspeak for this.

Thats all i can think of for now. Thank you for your patience Mods!
Now active on MyAnimeList

Ghost
Banned

Postby Ghost » 13 years ago

"AstroMars137" wrote:1) Chat Room- Can we get one? i think it would be nice to talk amongst each other in real time.

I believe someone mentioned this a while ago. I don't remember who asked this but I think the reason why this forum doesn't have a chat box is because they want people to still post in threads; if there was one there then they fear that no one would post in the threads anymore, which is understandable.

I think they should change the art background of this site every one in a while though.

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 13 years ago

The voice chat might be dangerous, since it would be real-time and unscreened - plus, uncensored, which might be a problem for more sensitive users (or a benefit for more mature users talking to other mature users). Plus, the chat room might be dangerous for similar reasons, unless we had a way to make sure only registered users had access to it.

The enhanced profiles might be easy to implement, though. :) I'll check with the other moderators if there are options to add extra modules to user profiles.
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Astronomical girl
Banned

Postby Astronomical girl » 13 years ago

could you ask about Updating the website too? I mean the links don't exist and the story is outdated
Unyongnekasayo

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 13 years ago

The chat room in my sig is free for everyone to use. May not have much people, but if you stick around until I notice you, I can then ask some other Tezuka fans I often talk to to join it.
I'm on Twitter.

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

Postby Astro Boy2866 » 13 years ago

"Ghost" wrote:[QUOTE=AstroMars137;122433]
1) Chat Room- Can we get one? i think it would be nice to talk amongst each other in real time.

I believe someone mentioned this a while ago. I don't remember who asked this but I think the reason why this forum doesn't have a chat box is because they want people to still post in threads; if there was one there then they fear that no one would post in the threads anymore, which is understandable.[/QUOTE]
It is understandable, but not everyone is online at the same time and not everyone can talk. I may be online earlier in the day, but that is when I'm in school, so I wouldn't be able to talk then. Usually when I get on for a longer period of time is when no one is usually online except for a couple members here and there. Some people might be self-conscious of their voice and might not want to talk and some might not have time to talk. So worrying about people not posting in threads is not a problem.
Image Astro Boy|鉄腕アトム [sigpic][/sigpic]

Check out diehard67's forum
Or check out my YouTube channel

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

I'm gonna get banned for this, T.T somebody hug me.

Postby Alittleacorn » 13 years ago

This isn't to do with the forum, but the options on the left hand side. Could they be updated somehow? Cause look.

Let's say the Archives for example. The last time that was updated was 2 years ago. Sure there's not much Astro news going on right now, but it could still be used a lot more frequent. Cause if it's only updated 2 years, who's gonna look? :(

Astro's History, it'd be cool if that had a more depth to history of Astro Boy from talking about Tezuka and the creation of the manga's (03 and Pluto included), animes, film and the upcoming Pluto film too. And with picture's too, cause...pictures are cute :hyo: *waves*

Astro's Story needs more explaining, or at least to say it changes over every adaptation since, say, the plot for the 03 anime is different, because he never had a mom and dad as it states, but he does for the older series and manga.

Astro's Powers
Well, you know throughout the whole the series they've changed and new ones have been added. Astro didn't have arm rockets until the 80's I think, along with his finger lasers. He only got the arm cannon in 03 and double arm cannons in 09. Not to mention different names to the butt/hip machine guns that got removed in 03 and brought back in 09.

Cause seriously, this little detail:
Hips

Astro's hips house a powerful machine gun. Although technically in his hips, the way Astro is animated makes it appear as though the guns are coming from his backside.

We know the truth! They are butt guns! They're not even mentioned in the Omega Factor manual but they are there.

Then with Other Characters, it only states the ones from the 80's show, you should cut it up into sections so "Here's the main cast from the 60's" and so forth cause even if you have the same characters like Elefun their names change, personalities, background. It needs to be taken into account.

I guess you get the idea, don't focus on just one anime, bring everything into the mix (even the video games) so there's more info and it's categorise better.

...Wow, am I gonna get banned for saying that? :lol: ;;; I better write my will out.

"Ghost" wrote:
I think they should change the art background of this site every once in a while though.

Yeah that's something I'd like too, I'd love if it could be updated the art style to something modern, not too shiny but not too simple.

I mean it'd be nice if they could change some of the textures of the blue to something like this so it has shading in it. It's just an example but you get the idea.

Don't know on red or other colors though, they might be too bold o.o
I want to suck your blood! :tezuka:

Yeah stick with blue, it's peaceful. ^_^;
Last edited by Alittleacorn on Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

Postby Astro Boy2866 » 13 years ago

The blue would actually look pretty cool in the background.
Image Astro Boy|鉄腕アトム [sigpic][/sigpic]

Check out diehard67's forum
Or check out my YouTube channel

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 13 years ago

some updates would be pritty cool.

there are enough talented people here to help out to
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

Novacain
Beyond the Stars

Postby Novacain » 13 years ago

The calendar is almost older than I am!

Return to “General Discussion”