Show featuring Osamu Tezuka - Fan-subbed

Off topic discussion.
Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Show featuring Osamu Tezuka - Fan-subbed

Postby Strange Wings » 13 years ago

Don't know whether this has been posted before. It's a subbed excerpt from the Japanese "Kono Hito" show featuring Osamu Tezuka. The entire show is around elsewhere on Youtube, split up in 3 parts and in Japanese only (alas).
Osamu Tezuka in 1983' Japanese Show "Kono Hito" - english sub
The beginning is upper-cute! :)

wing area
Kokoro Robot

Postby wing area » 13 years ago

Gahhhhhhh, this is incredibly awesome. Thank you for the link!

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 13 years ago

Ohhhhhhh, I agree! Astro is adorable in the beginning! :wub:

It's the first time I get to see a little bit of Tezuka's personality! :)

atoms_gf
Robot President

Postby atoms_gf » 13 years ago

DA'WWWWWWW! ^^ :wub: yes astros adorable!! very! osuma tezuka seems nice.

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

Postby Astro Boy2866 » 13 years ago

"Astro Forever" wrote:It's the first time I get to see a little bit of Tezuka's personality! :)

Same here :)

Yeah, the beginning was pretty cool :cool: :astro:
Image Astro Boy|鉄腕アトム [sigpic][/sigpic]

Check out diehard67's forum
Or check out my YouTube channel

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 13 years ago

I saw the beginning ages back but it's finally nice to see it subbed and something on Osamu Tezuka, I haven't found much like that. It's weird can you can watch him on this and it feels like he's alive again. :cry:

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

"Alittleacorn" wrote:I saw the beginning ages back but it's finally nice to see it subbed and something on Osamu Tezuka, I haven't found much like that. It's weird can you can watch him on this and it feels like he's alive again. :cry:

That's what I was thinking too. Tezuka has had a soft, yet determined timbre in his voice, which is very pleasant to listen to. His presence seems to exceed the flat-dimensional limits of the TV-screen. :)

I recently started reading "Kami No Toride" ("Paper Fortress"), drawn by Tezuka in the beginning of the 70s. It's basically an autobiographical story about Tezuka's own war experiences and career, depicted in manga form. Learning how Tezuka escaped the Osaka bombings with nothing but his bare life makes me figure how greatly he must've had treasured life as a whole after going through all of these terrible experiences.

I thought this might be worthwhile to add as well.
Osamu Tezuka - Talking About Experimental Animations
AFAIK, this was recorded around 1986/87. You may have seen this before, though.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 13 years ago

I hadn't - not surprising since for some reason I never thought of searching for videos of Tezuka himself. I had never heard of those experimental animations. I watched a little bit of "Jumping", but I'll watch in full in next days. Thanks for the link!

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 13 years ago

The Astonishing Work of Tezuka Osamu DVD is really awesome! That second interview is on it as a bonus feature, but I consider it just as good as if it were one of the shorts included.
I'm on Twitter.

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Oh, I was wondering what source the interview came from. Thanks for the information, F-Man, this DVD might be the next one on my wish-list. :)

A further Japanese game show that had Tezuka featured as a guest was "Terebi Tanteidan" ("TV Detective-Gang"), which used to be very popular in Japan during the 80s. The broadcast featuring Tezuka was up on Youtube until the recent year, unfortunately it got taken down meanwhile.

The show's most hilarious part was when Tezuka was asked to assign a manga character to each of the 3 show presenters, according to their respective faces. The female presenter was told to look like an angel character from 'Ribbon No Kishi' ('Princess Of The Ribbon'); the younger presenter to Tezuka's left was referred to as 'a scientist's boy' (I reckon it was because of the big glasses he was wearing); and the main presenter was depicted by Tezuka as 'not being human'! :D
It was priceless to look at the main presenter's face when Tezuka made his assertion towards him. The last seconds of the Youtube-video showed the main presenter going like: "She, 'Angel'! Him, 'Scientist's Boy'! Me, 'not human-like'!??" :lol:
Everybody was having pretty much fun there. :lol:

テレビ探偵団 (terebi tanteidan)
Last edited by Strange Wings on Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: insert link

Return to “General Discussion”