Our friends in Japan need our prayers

Off topic discussion.
InsaneAstroBoyLover
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby InsaneAstroBoyLover » 13 years ago

I wish I could help. But im all the way down here in Texas..... Where's Astro when you need him?!?!?!

Ghost
Banned

Postby Ghost » 13 years ago

I've been hearing abut this all day. There are no words that can express how sorry I am for every single person in Japan who is stuck in this mess right now. I can only imagine what they are experiencing right now. I really am heartbroken to be seeing this. Man, I really wish there was something I could do to help those people.

Gotta Love ASTRO BOY
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Gotta Love ASTRO BOY » 13 years ago

Wahhh. omg. i cant believe what happened in japan i heard about the quake on the radio this morning then i heard about the tsumani in school and my teacher showed a video i was crying. wahhh why why. it looks so auful

InsaneAstroBoyLover
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby InsaneAstroBoyLover » 13 years ago

"Ghost" wrote:I've been hearing abut this all day. There are no words that can express how sorry I am for every single person in Japan who is stuck in this mess right now. I can only imagine what they are experiencing right now. I really am heartbroken to be seeing this. Man, I really wish there was something I could do to help those people.

Exactly how I feel. You put that nicely Ghost.

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

Well, people have opened donations for the relief fund. That's one way to help.

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 13 years ago

hi- praying everything will be alright in JAPAN and everywhere

SpaceCookie
Banned

Postby SpaceCookie » 13 years ago

:cry: I just heard something about some of the cities having issues with thier Nuclear power plant cooling systems. This whole thing is just awful. I hope they're able to fix them before anything else bad happens. :(

wing area
Kokoro Robot

Postby wing area » 13 years ago

What has happened in Japan is truly horrific. It will probably be weeks before we even have a relatively accurate idea of just how many were wounded and killed.

As Jeffbert and many other have pointed out, at least Japan had prepared for this. Had it happened to any other country, I'm sure the damage would have been even more catastrophic.

I am so happy to say that all of my loved ones in Japan are safe. One of my best friends is there studying abroad right now and her parents landed there to visit her only 10 hours before the earthquake. Incredible.

I am especially lucky because my semester abroad (in Tokyo) begins at the end of the month, meaning that I missed this disaster and will miss the immediate after effects of it.

My heart goes out to all of Japan, but especially those caught in northeastern Japan where the damage was the greatest. Many people are now stranded because of the flood and there's no food, clean water, or electricity. In northern Japan it is also incredibly cold, and these people have no heat. Additionally, there are all of these warnings of radiation leakage from nuclear power plants, as their cooling mechanisms have shut down--this is VERY serious.

Please, if you or a parent can, donate. But first, read this helpful article on donating and how to make sure your donation is actually making a difference.

Thank you very much for reading this.

(NOTE: Personally, I do not trust Red Cross. Not only did they withhold money from victims during 9/11, internationally they have been known to deny help to those in need because of sexual orientation, which is truly disgusting.)

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 13 years ago

"wing area" wrote:As Jeffbert and many other have pointed out, at least Japan had prepared for this. Had it happened to any other country, I'm sure the damage would have been even more catastrophic.

Yes, and they will certainly be able to recover in time, unlike Haiti so far. :(

Obviously that will not bring back to life those who died nor heal those who are hurt physically or emotionally. What a shock it was to learn what had happened. :cry:

AmericanSailor
Metro City Citizen

Postby AmericanSailor » 13 years ago

Unfortunately, they are not out of the woods yet.The cooling systems failed at several nuclear power plants and there is a possibility of a meltdown, but lets pray that that does not happen.

We had a prayer in school this morning for the victims and I imagine there will be a fundraiser or mission drive sometime next week.

Return to “General Discussion”