Our friends in Japan need our prayers

Off topic discussion.
fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 13 years ago

Well, there has been an explosion a few hours ago at Fukushima. This is a very serious accident, but it wasn't a meltdown.

"Dr. Jerk" wrote:Well, people have opened donations for the relief fund. That's one way to help.

Be careful with scams: some people would happily take your money for Japan and keep it for themselves. Don't give money to organizations you don't know, and make sure that when you do they really are who they say they are.
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Ghost
Banned

Postby Ghost » 13 years ago

As I said in a previous post. I am very deeply sorry for the people of Japan. My heart goes out to everyone is stuck in that mess right now. I only wish you the best of luck and I hope you and all of your loved ones make it out okay.

However I am disgusted to see some people that aren't feeling this way. A friend sent me a link to an archive of facebook comments about this disaster.

http://narf-archive.com/?permalink=7b74f1b10b373c538c63eb9db290bdb5aa2ea125.jpg&from=embed#7b74f1b10b373c538c63eb9db290bdb5aa2ea125.jpg

I swear that it is people like this that make me ashamed to call myself a citizen of the United States of America. It is people like this that just give a bad name for Americans. I can't even fathom on how these people could be so ignorant and could be able to post things like this. Obviously these idiots don't realize that this taking away innocent lives, whether they be American or Japanese. They also don't realize that Pearl Harbor happened 70 years ago! The fact that such people exist is truly sad.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 13 years ago

OMG I've been praying the nuclear power plants would not become further damaged and cause even more destruction on top of the quake and tsunami. This is why I am NOT a proponent of nuclear energy (yet).

Feel so helpless, but will certainly contribute to relief efforts...
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

"fafner" wrote:Be careful with scams: some people would happily take your money for Japan and keep it for themselves. Don't give money to organizations you don't know, and make sure that when you do they really are who they say they are.

I know that. I would have researched then.

*Sigh* We need Astro, but I guess that would be a bit too much, he's atomically-powered as well.

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

Postby Astro Boy2866 » 13 years ago

"Ghost" wrote:As I said in a previous post. I am very deeply sorry for the people of Japan. My heart goes out to everyone is stuck in that mess right now. I only wish you the best of luck and I hope you and all of your loved ones make it out okay.

However I am disgusted to see some people that aren't feeling this way. A friend sent me a link to an archive of facebook comments about this disaster.

http://narf-archive.com/?permalink=7b74f1b10b373c538c63eb9db290bdb5aa2ea125.jpg&from=embed#7b74f1b10b373c538c63eb9db290bdb5aa2ea125.jpg

I swear that it is people like this that make me ashamed to call myself a citizen of the United States of America. It is people like this that just give a bad name for Americans. I can't even fathom on how these people could be so ignorant and could be able to post things like this. Obviously these idiots don't realize that this taking away innocent lives, whether they be American or Japanese. They also don't realize that Pearl Harbor happened 70 years ago! The fact that such people exist is truly sad.

Those are just retarded people who hold grudges for no reason. The only reason why you should be getting mad is if one of your family members died at pearl harbor. One of those idiots said it was payback. I'd like to tell him that we already got payback: WE DROPPED A FREAKING NUKE JAPAN AND KILLED AND INJURED TONS OF PEOPLE. It was way worse than the bombing at Pearl Harbor and yet these people just pick on Japan, and don't even feel bad for what is happening to the people.

Edit: We actually dropped 2 nukes in Japan. One in Hiroshima and the other in Nagasaki.
Last edited by Astro Boy2866 on Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Astro Boy|鉄腕アトム [sigpic][/sigpic]

Check out diehard67's forum
Or check out my YouTube channel

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

And thus this is also why I fear for the future of WWII education. Uneducated people shouldn't be saying stuff.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 13 years ago

Let's be careful with political discussions, please. We've had flame wars here in the past. We're a small forum and we don't want to lose members (it has happened in the past), this is why we have a rule against them since. What may be obvious to many may not be for everybody, and things can get emotional pretty quickly in this kind of discussion. I don't think we need to bring here what was said elsewhere.

Thank you. :)

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

I don't see anyone flaming anyone here.

If anything, it was being directed to those Facebook comments. And even then, I don't see anything that would appear to be outright flaming.

But that's just me.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Does anyone know where these locations are...

Postby AprilSeven » 13 years ago

...in relation to the quake/tsunami affected region of the country?

- Tezuka's hometown
- Astro's "hometown"
- Tezuka museum
- Tezuka productions

And did anyone notice they refer to the nuclear plant as Fukushima-Daiichi? :eek:

"Dr. Jerk" wrote:*Sigh* We need Astro, but I guess that would be a bit too much, he's atomically-powered as well.

Whoa, you're right!! He's like a FLYING ATOMIC BOMB!! :unsure:

:whistling: A-HEMMM people ought not SHOOT at him or otherwise try to squish him!!

:astro: - - or you'll be sorrrry!
Last edited by AprilSeven on Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Astro's home city was, as far as I know, Tokyo.

I'm unsure about Tezuka Productions, but Mushi Productions (the newer one since 1977) is in Nerima, Tokyo. I'm also unsure about the Osamu Tezuka Manga Museum, and the main site and Google Maps is being completely useless in finding its location.

Return to “General Discussion”