Ghibli Museum to Unveil Adult-Sized Catbus in June

Off topic discussion.
Shiyonasan
Administrator

Ghibli Museum to Unveil Adult-Sized Catbus in June

Postby Shiyonasan » 13 years ago

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2011-04-13/ghibli-museum-to-unveil-adult-sized-catbus-in-june

Interest: Ghibli Museum to Unveil Adult-Sized Catbus in June

Spirited Away's restaurant, Howl's Moving Castle's shop, Mononoke's forest also recreated

The Ghibli Museum in Mitaka, Japan will unveil a new special exhibition in June with life-size recreations of famous backgrounds from Ghibli films — including an adult-sized reproduction of the catbus (nekobus) from Hayao Miyasaki's My Neighbor Totoro anime film.

The museum already has a large plush catbus on permanent display, but it is child-sized — only children are allowed to enter the catbus and play in it with piles of plush black "dust bunnies" (makkuro kurosuke) from the film. Similarly, the United States has hosted a travelling exhibition with a plush catbus for children. However, the first room of the Ghibli Museum's new exhibit will have a catbus big enough for adults. From inside the catbus, visitors can see a recreation of the natural landscape seen in My Neighbor Totoro.

Visitors can then "disembark" from the catbus into the exhibit's second room which will have a recreation of the Tokyo-area antique shop from the Whisper of the Heart film. The second room will also have the restaurant that the spirits visited in Spirited Away, as well as the milliner's hat shop where Sophie works in Howl's Moving Castle and the lush forest of the Shishi-Gami in Princess Mononoke.

The "Nekobus kara Mita Fūkei-ten" exhibition will run from June 4, 2011 to May, 2012.

Sounds fun. I wish I had the money and the means to go over there and visit this museum and the Tezuka museum.

The Tawashi Bus Hat
Robot President

Postby The Tawashi Bus Hat » 13 years ago

LETS ALL RIDE THE CATBUS! D:
*dust*

Gotta Love ASTRO BOY
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Gotta Love ASTRO BOY » 13 years ago

Me too

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 13 years ago

O.O That is gonna be one crazy bus...I WANNA RIDE IT XD

Xenops
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Xenops » 13 years ago

YAY!!!!!!

I endorse all things Miyazaki. :D

atoms_gf
Robot President

Postby atoms_gf » 13 years ago

"Alittleacorn" wrote:O.O That is gonna be one crazy bus...I WANNA RIDE IT XD

YYYAAAHH. me too!!!! :lol: :w00t: that would be awesome!

Return to “General Discussion”