What was the last thing you bought?

Off topic discussion.
diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 10 years ago

A hot tip about laptop batteries.

every so often, 2 or 3 month or so, drain the battery then recharge it, this doesn't affect how much power it can hold but does re-calibrate the controller chip in the battery so you can use all the available capacity.
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 10 years ago

"Tetsuwan Penguin" wrote:Shiyonasan ... hope you didn't get a cheap Chinese knock off, OEM batteries are more expensive, but the third party ones can be risky. I was lucky to find a REAL Lenovo battery for my thinkpad on Ebay at much less than full list price.

As a matter of fact, my original laptop battery was made in China except for the battery cell, which was made in Korea.

I'm not sure where my current battery is from, but it's been working fine since I got it.

jmb2891
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby jmb2891 » 10 years ago

A new strap for my acoustic, strings for my 12-string acoustic, and some picks. Also picked up Mockingjay & Joyland.
"Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free."
-Jim Morrison

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great ones make you feel that you, too, can become great."
-Mark Twain

Please check out:
My YouTube Channel
My Ultimate-Guitar Profile

Big Astro Fan
Robot President

Postby Big Astro Fan » 10 years ago

Congrats Earthshine.

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 9 years ago

I ordered the astro boy movie on Blu-ray from amazon.ca on Monday, just picked it up today.

tried to order a desoldering station but it got auto cancelled so I ordered a different one and the same thing happened, 66% fail rate for online shopping, still waiting for the money to come back into my account.
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 9 years ago

Doctor Who DVDs, and a poster. It's a really cool poster too. It has all the Doctors 1-11. Oh, and I also found some Pocky, which I haven't had in awhile. I love my Wal-Mart. ^u^
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Windswept Cloak
Banned
Location: Sitting at my desk, surrounded by books and papers.

Postby Windswept Cloak » 9 years ago

A cheap but very pretty green pen. (I like the colors green and black a lot at the moment.)
I joined this forum in late 2013 when I was 15 going on 16. Ignore my oldest posts, they embarrass me so much that I've considered permanantly leaving the forum more than once. I've grown out of my fangirling phase over Black Jack, Atom and Uran ages ago but the memories still embarrass me at times... :unsure: Though, I try to be more open-minded about it and accept it as an "interesting stage of my life". :tezuka:

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii. So far, it's an interesting game from what I've played of it.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 9 years ago

"Kuo-Yi" wrote:A cheap but very pretty green pen. (I like the colors green and black a lot at the moment.)

Like Astro's shorts.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Windswept Cloak
Banned
Location: Sitting at my desk, surrounded by books and papers.

Postby Windswept Cloak » 9 years ago

"Tetsuwan Penguin" wrote:[QUOTE=Kuo-Yi;227073]A cheap but very pretty green pen. (I like the colors green and black a lot at the moment.)

Like Astro's shorts.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's more like blue-green and not dark green like Atom's pants. :) Not sure how to describe it.
I joined this forum in late 2013 when I was 15 going on 16. Ignore my oldest posts, they embarrass me so much that I've considered permanantly leaving the forum more than once. I've grown out of my fangirling phase over Black Jack, Atom and Uran ages ago but the memories still embarrass me at times... :unsure: Though, I try to be more open-minded about it and accept it as an "interesting stage of my life". :tezuka:

Return to “General Discussion”