Funny childhood fears.

Off topic discussion.
BlueCore
Robot President

Postby BlueCore » 11 years ago

I was afraid of the first grade because it was my first year of real school and separate desks
"My name is Jack Frost. How do I know that? Because the moon told me. So if the moon tells you something, believe it..." ~jack frost, Rise of The Guardians

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 11 years ago

Once on Christmas Eve, my parents heard me crying in bed. When they asked me why, I replied that I was so excited that it was Christmas the next day that I couldn't fall asleep, and I was afraid that if I didn't, then Santa Claus wouldn't be able to bring me any gift. :cry:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 11 years ago

"Gotta Love ASTRO BOY" wrote:I used to be afraid of monsters in my closet or under my bed, but what kid didn't? :lol: hmm i can't say I was really afraid of anything else. IDK I'm a pretty easy going person :lol: however I did prefer (and still sometimes do) to stay away from scary movies because they gave me nightmares :lol:

:lol: I too, feared the closet monster; especially if I had neglected to close it, because light from cars driving up the street would make it seem that something was moving in nthe closet! :lol:

I was afraid of just about anything that made noise, but the barber's electric clippers really scared me! :p

Nora
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Nora » 11 years ago

I'm greatly afraid of air planes. Whenever we go near the air port I kind of feel sick. I've road on over 70-80 air planes...but the last one I rode on over 10 years ago had to make an emergency landing on a runway in St. Louis. The engine started to sputter and the Captain came over the com and told us that a piece of metal from the skin of the engine was stuck inside. At least thats what he was able to see from his position. I never heard anything else about it. I was just kissing ground and getting on a gray hound back to Atlanta. So yeah...my fear is justified at least...better then dinosaurs lol.
I'm a Literary Artist...not the Doctor!

http://shadowedinnocents.deviantart.com/

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 11 years ago

At some time, I was afraid of fans. I mean, big fans behind a grid that make a lot of noise. While I was still a few years old, I had a terrible nightmare where one of the walls of my bedroom was covered of such fans :o hmy: I think I woke up my parents :p

I could trace this fear to a movie I think I saw not long before: the King and the Mocking Bird. There is a huge robot that chases a character away by "venting him off" with a powerful fan in his mouth, the exact same kind that appeared in my nightmare :D .
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Return to “General Discussion”