First Impressions Anime Review: Gosick

Off topic discussion.
Bakabits
Rocket Ball Champion

First Impressions Anime Review: Gosick

Postby Bakabits » 12 years ago

I started watching this anime called Gosick today and I figured I'd post a first impressions review on here. Here are some things u should reference during the review. The anime page on MyAnimeList and the Opening should do fine.

First I would like to touch up on the opening. It is Flat out amazing! The art style, music, and atmosphere all work together to bring out this masterpiece. The art style is supposed to represent arts that were created in the Victorian era in history.

The show takes place after WWI in the year 1924. The setting is a (made up) country in Europe. Don't let this sway you! They make it work. Also, like i referenced about the opening's art style, this anime takes place in the late Victorian era after WWI.

The story seems to revolve around two young individuals. Victorique and Kujou. Kujou is an exchange student from Japan who is attending school in the country. Not much is said about him but he seems to be very curious. Victorique is a young girl who seems to be a tsundare. She seems to be very good at solving mysteries. I also consider the most adorable troll around.

After watching the first episode i was hooked. I haven't had time to watch another episode but I am thinking about taking this series slow. Its just that good.

If you like a good mystery show i highly recommend this. To watch it via legel stream i recommend Crunchyroll. If u have any questions about this review don't be afraid to ask! I will answer what i can. I hope u found this review helpful!
Now active on MyAnimeList

Return to “General Discussion”