Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Do you believe in ghosts?

Postby Androids101 » 11 years ago

:confused:

MightyAstro
Robot President

Postby MightyAstro » 11 years ago

No I personally like ghost stories, but I think that's all they are. Just stories. I don't believe in ghosts at all Androids.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 11 years ago

ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY!

i grew up in a haunted house (saw things break, untouched; fly off the wall and across the room; doors rattle and shake with noone on the other side, thumping and bumping sounds. My mom saw an aparition, and tenants in the side apartment complained about things being disturbed and knocked over.

Then I lived in a beautful old farm house and actually saw the ghost's reflection in a window (he was very handsome!) - plus slamming doors that we found still ajar (would wake both my husband and i up at the same time).

Then we rented a haunted office!! Both of us witnessed the rattling doors, loud thumps . . . it was pretty creepy.

Now I'm in another haunted office - it's actually an old ward on the campus of a former pyschiatric center - and people throughout the building have all kinds of stories. I have to lock my windows or they open on their own, and I have a fan I must unplug, or I will find it running in the morning when I come in! In fact, I just heard a voice coming from one of the offices in another wing, and thought it was a co-worker - "Oh, you're in here?" I asked as I walked in . . . NOBODY WAS THERE!!! :eek:

I think some folks aren't "sensitive" to "ghost energy" or what ever you want to call it . . . but there is DEFINITELY something going on. It troubles me because I don't know what it "is" or what it "means" - but I've had too many encounters with unexplainable things to deny it!! :cry:

So I say a prayer for whoever/whatever is "communicating" and hope it might help them! :heart:
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Novacain
Beyond the Stars

Postby Novacain » 11 years ago

Negative.

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 11 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY!

i grew up in a haunted house (saw things break, untouched; fly off the wall and across the room; doors rattle and shake with noone on the other side, thumping and bumping sounds. My mom saw an aparition, and tenants in the side apartment complained about things being disturbed and knocked over.

Then I lived in a beautful old farm house and actually saw the ghost's reflection in a window (he was very handsome!) - plus slamming doors that we found still ajar (would wake both my husband and i up at the same time).

Then we rented a haunted office!! Both of us witnessed the rattling doors, loud thumps . . . it was pretty creepy.

Now I'm in another haunted office - it's actually an old ward on the campus of a former pyschiatric center - and people throughout the building have all kinds of stories. I have to lock my windows or they open on their own, and I have a fan I must unplug, or I will find it running in the morning when I come in! In fact, I just heard a voice coming from one of the offices in another wing, and thought it was a co-worker - "Oh, you're in here?" I asked as I walked in . . . NOBODY WAS THERE!!! :eek:

I think some folks aren't "sensitive" to "ghost energy" or what ever you want to call it . . . but there is DEFINITELY something going on. It troubles me because I don't know what it "is" or what it "means" - but I've had too many encounters with unexplainable things to deny it!! :cry:

So I say a prayer for whoever/whatever is "communicating" and hope it might help them! :heart:

That's really creepy...especially with a ghost following you around :O

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 11 years ago

hi- hugs i had a conversation with a friend who told me she was being haunted and then this thing realize my existence and wanted bad things to occur - thanks JESUS the girl had the faith to listen to what i said- thanks with love everyone

Gemstone2474
Rocket Ball Champion
Location: I come from a land down under, where women glow and men thunder!

Postby Gemstone2474 » 11 years ago

I don't really know
i mean... i've never seen a ghost or anything but i'm not saying no to it.
i don't think they( if they are real) want to hurt use.
*ABSCOND*

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 11 years ago

It's interesting to note that people who say they don't believe in ghosts, also haven't had any encounters. I wish I HADN'T but I feel frustrated when folks say they don't believe it, and I've had to live with all these experiences all my life.

My husband didn't believe either, but then he was with me (and on his own) in the haunted office and farmhouse. So now neither of us would want to live in an older building if we can avoid it. They don't "hurt" you, but they tend to wake you up and startle you. And the problem is that you can't "talk" to them and understand "what they want."

And I guess I feel creeped out because I do believe in God and angels, and these seem to be "lost souls" (or worse?). If we could understand what that kind of energy/presence actually WAS, it would trouble me much less. But as it is . . . it's like a "dark secret" nobody seems willing to scientifically explore (maybe the answer is not something we'd be comfortable knowing).

Guess that's why I've never been a fan of horror movies, Halloween or Stephen King novels!!

I promise each and every one of you who voted "no" - that if you EVER have an encounter, you'll be back here and saying WAIT A MINUTE I NEED TO SWITCH MY VOTE!
Last edited by AprilSeven on Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Satus
Robot President

Postby Satus » 11 years ago

Wow, looks like "no" is winning.

I believed in ghosts both before and after experiencing an encounter.

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 11 years ago

That would be a yep from me. My mother's seen a few in her lifetime. They're never everyday occurences, they just happen out of the blue.

Let's see, first one when she moved into her new house with my dad, she saw a ginger haired man standing on the stairs, just staring at her before he faded away in a classic film like style. Some weeks later, she heard the husband of the wife who used to live there died from a heart attack while doing some DIY there, and when she was shown a picture of him, it was the exact same man.

Some years later when she's up in the mountain with my step dad, they're climbing down to reach this bothy when she sees someone in the window looking out. When they get there however the entire the place is empty. Now this cottage is in the middle of nowhere, there are no roads, no other houses, if someone had been there, then they would've at least seen them leave.

Also the entire night she couldn't help feeling this great unease as if they were being watched. And when they got back from their trip they checked online about the place and discovered it was haunted.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Alder
However it is confirmed the haunting was only a rumor spread to stop deer poachers staying there, along with the story of a woman stranded there in the snow who became so starved she killed and ate her baby. But people have still reported strange things going despite not knowing about supposed hauntings.

The last one was from a few years ago near my woods. My and mother and step dad were out and they'd gotten into an arguement about souls. Angrily my step dad had persisted her with the question 'do trees have souls?' as if to say if they don't, then neither do we as humans. And it was somewhere near this time my mother sensed something and when she stopped and turn around to face my step dad, the two of them saw something. For my stepdad he saw a blur while my mom said she saw a what looked like a highwayman in a trenchcoat, or to be precised a thief.

With ghosts though it's always the problem of evidence. How do you prove to someone you saw something when others might not believe you?

Let's put it like this, say you tell a friend 'I saw a white cat outside my house' more than likely, you're friend will believe you. If you say however 'I saw an alien outside my house' your friend might be unsure on that and want proof. Just ways it goes o.o

Return to “General Discussion”