An old friend of mine has passed away.

Off topic discussion.
Satus
Robot President

Postby Satus » 11 years ago

It is unfortunate to die so young. :( But as you say, he's in a better place now.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 11 years ago

Thank you everyone.

His funeral is tomorrow. I've never been to a full funeral service, and this one is expected to be pretty big. I have a feeling tomorrow will bring closure to this episode in his family's and friends lives.

Thankfully, I know I will see him again one day.

"Anime Girl 16" wrote:Oh mai gawd I'm so sorry. I know how you feel. 2 of my friends committed suiside last year and a friend of my Sis was in a car accident with a drunk driver.

I remember your thread on here about one of your friends committing suicide. Even though those instances are long past, my sympathies are with you.

I've certainly had my fair share of deaths over the past year-and-a-half. A few weeks after I joined this forum last year, a classmate of mine and his girlfriend died in a car crash (no alcohol was involved) and my best friend's grandfather passed away of some type of cancer the day of my birthday this year.

The unfortunate thing about death is that you never know when it's going to come.

"diehard67" wrote:I am sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

I am never sure how to respond to these things.

nice to see the community here being so supportive.

I understand you regarding you responding to threads like this. I've never quite known how to sympathize with someone in instances like this thread, so don't feel bad.

As the old saying goes, it's the thought that counts. :)

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 11 years ago

It's times like this when I just feel like it's raining pain. But I know that your friend is in a better place, as well as me and my sister's friends. Again I give my condolences to you, and thank you for yours.
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Fuzzy Pickles!
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Fuzzy Pickles! » 11 years ago

I had a friend who suffered the same fate a few days ago. He went to junior high with me and now I realize just how important it is to keep in contact with friends. Definitely feel for your lost, especially since I'm fixing to lose one of my great-grandmother.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 11 years ago

There were a lot of family and friends at the funeral today. It was definitely bittersweet. Lots of great memories shared of him.

"astarisborn94" wrote:I had a friend who suffered the same fate a few days ago. He went to junior high with me and now I realize just how important it is to keep in contact with friends. Definitely feel for your lost, especially since I'm fixing to lose one of my great-grandmother.

I know what you mean about contact. I sometimes have trouble keeping up with my friends. I recently got together with a good friend of mine that I hadn't seen in a year or two and it seemed like no time had passed since we last saw each other. Even if it's just a call or message once in a while, it is good to keep contact with friends.

Also, my thoughts are with you regarding your great-grandmother.

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 11 years ago

pray THE BEST for everyone- and i love all of you so very much and sad when someone suffers- PRAY EVERYONE ETERNAL SALVATION AND SAFETY AND HAPPINESS ALWAYS - your AVATARGIRL friend always

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 11 years ago

My condolences, Shiyonasan; my own dad will be buried tomorrow.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 11 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:My condolences, Shiyonasan; my own dad will be buried tomorrow.

Oh, my sincere condolences to you as well, jeffbert!

Novacain
Beyond the Stars

Postby Novacain » 11 years ago

My condolences for your loss Shiyonasan. I hope you are coping relatively well with this new grief. My thoughts are with you, and also his parents. The only worse thing than losing the person who carried you for nine months is losing your child. I couldn't even imagine. No one should have to go through that.
Last edited by Novacain on Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 11 years ago

Thanks, guys.

Shiyonasan: sorry for intruding upon your thread.

Return to “General Discussion”