Shogakukan Production making copyright claims in Rockman 8 AMVS?

Off topic discussion.
Toshio
Banned

Shogakukan Production making copyright claims in Rockman 8 AMVS?

Postby Toshio » 11 years ago

Hello, guys!
I've recorded a video footage of Rockman 8 intro and swapped the music with Astro Boy 2003 intro "True Blue".
So, I got a notification saying that I was using content of Sony Pictures, but it would not cause changes in my account.
However, I checked my account on this morning and I got a copyright claim from "Tales of Megaman".
Which is weird, because footages from Video Game introductions like Rockman 8 should be completely fine.
Also, upon clicking in the original video link I read the video was removed by Shogakukan Production for copyright violation, however as far I can see they only have copyright in Rockman Exe anime and Rockman 8 is a video game which existed long time before that anime was aired.
What I should do?
Here is the link of the flagged video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ROMnnyNiLQ

Satus
Robot President

Postby Satus » 11 years ago

I looked up on Google and Shogakukan seems to have been involved with at least EXE, Ryuusei and Zero. Searching their Japanese website brings up products related to EXE and Ryuusei. From what I've noticed, Sony appears to be super protective of their property on YouTube. As for "Tales of Megaman", I have no idea who that could be...

But in the end, since the content was never yours, it's hard to protect the video when there's a copyright complaint.

Toshio
Banned

"Satus" wrote:I looked up on Google and Shogakukan seems to have been involved with at least EXE, Ryuusei and Zero. Searching their Japanese website brings up products related to EXE and Ryuusei. From what I've noticed, Sony appears to be super protective of their property on YouTube. As for "Tales of Megaman", I have no idea who that could be...

But in the end, since the content was never yours, it's hard to protect the video when there's a copyright complaint.

Come to think about, video game footages aren't meant to be any copyright violation. They did it as if I had gone to their site and robbed the video and changed.
I captured it from my copy of the game and Shogakukan's automated system may have mistook with the anime.
I suppose it's a fake copyright claim since they little have with the games.
Xebec only helped with the anime cutscenes, but it's a minor play since Capcom is the one who own the game.
Anyway, youtube is turning into a waste of time... I barelly got that copyright strike and my rights for uploading longer videos are gone.

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 11 years ago

Copyright violations are handled by bots these days: if they believe your video might infringe on anything they have in their database, then you're toasted until you prove that you are innocent :d oh:
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Toshio
Banned

The web "Tales of Megaman" doesn't even exists for what I researched.

Toshio
Banned

Good news:

I won against Shogakukan and my video is back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ROMnnyNiLQ
Hi there, In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we've completedprocessing your counter-notification regarding your video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ROMnnyNiLQ This content has been restored unless you have deleted the video(s). Youraccount will not be penalized. Regards, The YouTube Team

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 11 years ago

Cool! :cool:

Return to “General Discussion”