Have you ever met a celebrity?

Off topic discussion.
Shiyonasan
Administrator

Have you ever met a celebrity?

Postby Shiyonasan » 11 years ago

I've met a few over the years.

I saw Lou Ferrigno, Peter Mayhew, Deep Roy, and Sean Patrick Flanery about two years ago at a comic convention. Didn't talk to them, but it was interesting to see them in person. It was funny because Flanery made eye contact with me as I walked by him and he stared at me for a couple seconds.

I also got to see the munchkins from the Wizard of Oz at the Mall of America eight years ago. You can imagine how old they looked. :lol:

In terms of [dub] anime celebrities, I met and briefly talked to Kyle Hebert. Nice guy. I also have an autograph from him.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 11 years ago

Rarely, but it happens once in a while, although I doubt anybody here would know them. I don't tend to ask for autographs, even when I get the chance. In fact once I waited at an autograph session only because I was with a friend who wanted one. :lol:

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Postby Prettywitchiusaka » 11 years ago

"Shiyonasan" wrote:I've met a few over the years.

I saw Lou Ferrigno, Peter Mayhew, Deep Roy, and Sean Patrick Flanery about two years ago at a comic convention. Didn't talk to them, but it was interesting to see them in person. It was funny because Flanery made eye contact with me as I walked by him and he stared at me for a couple seconds.

I also got to see the munchkins from the Wizard of Oz at the Mall of America eight years ago. You can imagine how old they looked. :lol:

In terms of [dub] anime celebrities, I met and briefly talked to Kyle Hebert. Nice guy. I also have an autograph from him.

Oh, then I guess seeing both William Shanter, and Vic Minongna in person at Q and A panels ( at different times mind you) counts in that regard.

I've also come very close to getting Johnny Young Bosch's autograph once, but I was too late getting there, and he had to catch a flight back to L.A.. Oh well, someday!

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 11 years ago

Not exactly a celebrity in the usual meaning, but I once attended to a conference by Matiyasevich, who had demonstrated theorems in my mathematical courses. Unfortunately, he spoke in English, which I don't have too much troubles to understand, but the very technical side of the conference made the whole thing rather difficult :p

On the more classical celebrities, I met Julian Glovers, who played General Veers in Star Wars, and Anthony Daniels, who played C-3PO. Both times I could have asked for an autograph, both times I didn't asked for one :p While I always have found C-3PO annoying, Daniels wasn't annoying at all despite having a similar behavior :D
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Gemstone2474
Rocket Ball Champion
Location: I come from a land down under, where women glow and men thunder!

Postby Gemstone2474 » 11 years ago

I hugged Ben 10 once,
Does that count????
*ABSCOND*

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 11 years ago

I didn't get to talk to one in person, but I got to talk to J G Quintel, the creator of Regular Show, on Facebook once. Squee!
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 11 years ago

Does Helen McCarthy count ? i'm trying to think of others but there's not coming a hell off a lot to mind besides profesional soccer players and all.

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 11 years ago

I attended a lecture by G. Gordon Liddy, & met him afterward. :ninja:

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 11 years ago

To those that are asking if certain celebrities count: yes, those do count. If they are well-known in their field of work, then they are a celebrity.

"Gemstone2474" wrote:I hugged Ben 10 once,
Does that count????

Are you talking about Tara Strong?

Big Astro Fan
Robot President

Postby Big Astro Fan » 11 years ago

If authors count, I met & talked to Dale Brown when I went to his book signing. I got his autograph also. We talked for over 30 minutes since I was the only one there at the time.

Return to “General Discussion”