PLEASE HELP SAVE THIS GIRL'S LIFE!

Off topic discussion.
Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

PLEASE HELP SAVE THIS GIRL'S LIFE!

Postby Alittleacorn » 11 years ago

If anybody on here uses tumblr, please go on there and talk to this girl. I don't have a clue who she is but think she wants to kill herself.

This was her last post nearly an hour ago:
http://runforcoverr.tumblr.com/post/40175012930/my-escape-my-forever-sleep-my-goodbye

And her blog too has me worried:
http://runforcoverr.tumblr.com/

If anyone's here, PLEASE talk to her! I pm'd her but I haven't heard back yet.

Fuzzy Pickles!
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Fuzzy Pickles! » 11 years ago

This legitimately concerns me. I sent sent her an Ask telling her not to commit suicide. I hope she hasn't succumbed yet.

Novacain
Beyond the Stars

Postby Novacain » 11 years ago

This is cause for great concern, and it's very sad to see. I sincerely hope she hasn't and will not succumb to her disease, however, she did state in her blog that she "won’t do anything till the 15th. That’s my final offer." which was then changed to the 25th.

Hopefully by that time she will have received enough attention from everyone and change her mind, seek help, or that enough people report their concern which in turn will result in her having to seek the help she so desperately seems to need.

racoonangel
Robot President

Postby racoonangel » 11 years ago

i hope the best for her
Instagram: astrogirl_draws
I LOVE ASTRO BOY!!

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 11 years ago

MEEP- I haven't been on tumblr in months; without regular access to a computer, it's very hard to try to manage, since it does not work well on here. I'm frightened for her...
lolwut

Fuzzy Pickles!
Rocket Ball Champion

"Little Brown Fox" wrote:MEEP- I haven't been on tumblr in months; without regular access to a computer, it's very hard to try to manage, since it does not work well on here. I'm frightened for her...
Please try to convince your parents to get on the computer to encourage her to pull through. She needs all the support she can get.

I created a Tumblr to help save this girl and even reblogged her suicide post to help increase awareness of this event.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 11 years ago

I'm afraid that trying to help somebody who's making suicide threats is extremely difficult, and even more through a blog rather than in "real life". This is a complex situation that is not easy to deal with even with the best intentions in the world when one does not have any professional background. Since we don't know this person, trying to get involved and provide help ourselves, in a personal way, is probably not the best thing to do. It's not a matter of "quantity", but more a matter of "quality" of help - one single appropriate reaction can be much more effective than everything else.

This person requires professional help. If this girl has indicated which country she is from, the best thing to do, if you want to send a message, would be to ask her to contact the emergency services and provide the number. Keep it simple. If there is a help line of some kind which the person can call just to talk, that can also be a valuable resource to provide. Otherwise you can ask the person to contact the emergency services or a suicide help line in a general way.

It's also possible to alert tumblr.com, the address is abuse@tumblr.com (I don't mean to say that this person is abusive, but that's the only e-mail address there is to contact them). Only they have the technical means to actually ensure that this person gets help if it is an emergency.
Last edited by Astro Forever on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

Fuzzy Pickles!
Rocket Ball Champion

I tried to send some help via that Tumblr link.

Having recently looked at her post, she seems super excited over Ellen and is willing to keep herself alive until at least March just to see her.

This is a good start, but people coming out of depression tend to be more likely to commit suicide then while heavily depressed, so she's far from being out of the wood.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 11 years ago

Okay, good. I'm going to close this thread, since we have done what we could to help. I don't think it would be appropriate to disuss this person's personal situation here.

This is the answer I got myself from Tumblr. It goes along the lines of what I'd said above. I thought it could give you an idea of what to do if you encounter a similar situation:

Hello,

Thank you for your report. We will review the information and may contact the blogger or the appropriate authorities to follow up. Please rest assured that these reports are kept confidential.

In the meantime, we recommend that you encourage the blogger to contact a suicide prevention hotline. Support from a friend can be instrumental in getting a person the help that he or she needs.

In the United States and Canada the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-TALK) has trained counselors that are available 24/7. You can also find out more about the Lifeline at http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/.

Outside of the U.S. and Canada you can find a list of suicide prevention hotlines at either http://www.befrienders.org or http://www.iasp.info/resources/Crisis_Centres/.

If using the phone isn't an option or they would prefer to keep their communication online, they can also try https://www.imalive.org.

If you believe that the blogger is in immediate danger of suicide and you have their physical contact information, please call 911 or the appropriate number for local law enforcement.

Thanks,

Trust & Safety/ Polish Tumblr Support
Last edited by Astro Forever on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”