Skype meeting?

Off topic discussion.
I-Am-Atom's-Sister
Robot President

Skype meeting?

Postby I-Am-Atom's-Sister » 11 years ago

Hey you lot. It's been a while since I showed my face around here. I had a bit of a falling out with someone I considered a friend and it sort of went downhill from there..
Anywho after about a year I would like to return to these forums because they were and always will be a great place to find friends :lol: I'm so happy to see that some of my old friends are still here.

Well enough of that
I remember a while back there was an Astro Skype meeting. Unfortunately I missed it due to being on vacation :cry: there were a few more offers of skype meetings but none of them took off (at least none I knew of unless you guys had one while I was hiding haha) I think it would be fantastic if there was another one. Does anyone else think this is a good idea? And if so what would the date/time be? Probably a weekend would be best but the time might get a little tricky.. anyway I would like to hear your suggestions!
~IAAS
Clothed Astro = cute little robot kid;
Naked Astro= Big damn hero.
~Shirubie

I :heart: :astro:

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 11 years ago

WOW!! It's great to see you back IAAS! :w00t:

It would definitely be great to do that again - we've had a fair amount of members drift away and new people join, so I'm sure it would be an interesting experience. The next few weeks are kind of busy for me . . . .but maybe after that . . .
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 11 years ago

Welcome back, I-Am-Atom's-Sister! :)

Yes, I remember how disappointed you were that you missed the Skype meeting. :( At the time, there was a project I was working on and I became too busy to be able to commit to another Skype metting myself at a specific date and time, and IIRC, at least one other attempt came with a very short notice so it didn't work.

As for the date and time, we'd have to know who would be interested in participating and choose a time according to the various time zones. If there are people from Asia/Oceania as well as from Europe and America, it could be difficult, but if there are people from two of these, there should always be a way to find a time where everybody is awake.

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 11 years ago

Well first of all point out a day if not then this is going nowhere again i don't mind on what time it starts or ends for that matter as long as it doesn't come out that bad.

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

racoonangel
Robot President

Postby racoonangel » 11 years ago

wait so the skype meeting is where we do a chat with everyone am I right?
Instagram: astrogirl_draws
I LOVE ASTRO BOY!!

I-Am-Atom's-Sister
Robot President

It's nice to see you all ^.^

Yes I see how the time zones are all over the place on these forums. Last time there was a poll for the time/date and all the members voted on the one they wanted. I'd say that'd probably the best way to do it
~Shirubie

Astro-Rokku-chan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Astro-Rokku-chan » 11 years ago

That sounds fun! ^^ And a poll does seem like a good idea to get an idea of everyone's different time zones and schedules.
.:.:.:.
"Nya... the lord of darkness just became our roommate!!"

I-Am-Atom's-Sister
Robot President

I originally thought it would be fun to have it on Astro's birthday but then I noticed that wasn't a weekend.
But maybe the day before? Nothing to soon though else no one will show up haha
And April, the next week and a bit are busy for me too :P I have been experimenting in animating and I loove doing that so I can't refuse when people offer me work, plus I have school and blah.
Last edited by I-Am-Atom's-Sister on Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Failed attempt at smiley
~Shirubie

Fuzzy Pickles!
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Fuzzy Pickles! » 11 years ago

I'm all for a Skype chat. Maybe I'll show off my Japanese skills I've learned by then.

Learned thirty characters of hiragana so far. Should have it completed and be working on katanaka or even starting kanji by the time this group meeting starts.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 11 years ago

I don't know about everyone else, but I've had better luck with Google's hangout than Skype (It's more Linux and MAC friendly than Skype, especially since M$ bought them).

Return to “General Discussion”