What did you learn today?

Off topic discussion.
Dante69
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Dante69 » 10 years ago

I learned....all of the above that I just read. :)
:tenma: :astro: :o cha: LOL

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 10 years ago

HI-PLEASE DIEHARD67 THAT IS SO "GROSS TO THE MAX"! YUCKY! HOW ABOUT SOMETHING SWEET OR GIRLY TO THE MAX PLEASE!

PRAY EVERYONE THE BEST ALWAYS!

I LEARN SOME GUYS KNOW SOME WEIRD YUCKY "GROSS TO THE MAX" THINGS! GIGGLES!

I LOVE ASTROBOY TO THE GIRLY GIRL FEMALE MAX!

dannavy85
Banned

Postby dannavy85 » 10 years ago

What did I learn?

We know about the big bang. So what caused the big bang?

We know the Big Bang could not have come from nothing. Nothing makes Nothing, Nothing causes Nothing, nothing is nothing so the Big Bang came from something.

We also can't have absolute infinites. It's like counting odd and even sets into infinity. You can't have disproportional sets into infinity, that can't happen, it defies the laws of physics and nature.

We also can't have infinite, finites because of the laws of mechanics and you can't get something from absolute nothing because of the Law of Equivalent Exchange. To Obtain, something of equal value must be lost.

The Universe is not eternal because of the laws of energy and matter, we know the universe is running down on energy and not creating new energy so it has an end and if the universe has an end, it has a beginning so we're right back at the same place. Where did the Big Bang comes from?

At some point we have to come to a cause, everything has a cause for existence and since we can't have infinite finites there must be an infinite cause which doesn't have to explain to anyone the reason for its' causality, sort of the uncaused cause for everything that has a cause for their existence....

Atlas: Excuse me?

Astro: What?

Atlas: What the heck did you just say?

Astro: I was just saying that we know about the big bang. So what caused the big bang?

We know the Big Bang could not have come from nothing. Nothing makes Nothing, Nothing causes Nothing, nothing is nothing so the Big Bang came from something.

We also can't have absolute infinites. It's like counting odd and even sets into infinity. You can't have disproportional sets into infinity, that can't happen, it defies the laws of physics and nature.

Atlas: It's obvious I haven't beaten you up enough on a daily basis.

Astro: I was just proposing...

Atlas: To give me a splitting headache? Do me a favor and keep busy? Sheesh when you get lazy you think of all kinds of crazy things.
"You guys have some serious Mommy issues."

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 10 years ago

This is starting to sound like a theological argument and you have presented a good case for the existence of God.

BTW, infinity X infinity = infinity by definition, so infinite infinities is meaningless.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

dannavy85
Banned

That's what happens when I don't have anything to do all day, I zone out and think of stuff like why with all the knowledge man has have we not yet made a single blade of grass that reproduces itself.

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 10 years ago

"dannavy85" wrote:The Universe is not eternal because of the laws of energy and matter, we know the universe is running down on energy and not creating new energy so it has an end and if the universe has an end, it has a beginning so we're right back at the same place. Where did the Big Bang comes from?

The universe is not "running out of energy". Energy is never created nor destroyed, however it is getting increasingly entropic. See the second law of thermodynamic.

BTW, infinity X infinity = infinity by definition, so infinite infinities is meaningless.

There are several kinds of infinity, called alephs. Aleph0 is the number of finite numbers. Aleph1 is the number of sets that can be constructed with finite numbers. Aleph2 is the number of sets that can be constructed by the sets of finite numbers. And the following alephs are constructed iteratively. And it has been demonstrated that aleph0<aleph1<aleph2<...<alephn . See transfinite numbers.

"Tetsuwan Penguin" wrote:This is starting to sound like a theological argument and you have presented a good case for the existence of God.

But what "caused" God? :p What if what we see as the "beginning" is only where an "object" exists, such as time flowing "through" a sphere?
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

dannavy85
Banned

I learned that robots can have truly miserable days.

Case in point.

I was on my way home from Osaka last weekend, flying over the Yesaka forest reserve at 100 feet when suddenly this flashed in my eyes...

Warning: Duel Engine failure...flame out.

"What the? How?...." Yeah....lost both my leg jets, not supposed to happen right? Ok...I'll just kick in my secondary arm jets and all will be fine, I can manage this...

"Warning: Pressurization valve failure, Leak detected."

"Oh come on! No way!" I'm thinking as I'm running a quick diagnostic. "No way.....no way!" Meanwhile I'm losing altitude you know, dropping like a rock with the streamline characteristics of a kid looking rock.

"Gonna hit the trees...ok this is gonna suck a bit but the branches will slow my speed and I'll go dirt diving...nothing really bad."

I hit the forest like a bullet, I mean I'm breaking branches, busting limbs, flying around like a pachinko ball...not fun but it's got to end sometime right?

Wrong....

I fly out into no where! Air, empty space....over a rapid churning river below.

"Oh come the heck on!" I screamed as I fell into the water. Now that's not bad really, I mean I can't drown which is a good thing right? I'll just start swimming over to the side and everything will be cool. Still could be home by night time after I get picked up.

Wrong again....

"Warning: Energy level 20 percent. Strength recalibration in process...level 10 year old human.

"What?! Who the heck thought of this concept! Ugh!"

I tried to swim for the side of the river but thanks to what I call pre-emptive failure planning, my efforts were pretty much "skewed towards failure". I didn't want to start using cuss words to describe the frustration.

Well I was hoping this would all end at a pool of water or something...no luck of course....

Waterfall

"This sucks." And over I went, head over feet rolling down column of water. Lucky for me I didn't hit any rocks. Finally....finally I made my way to shore and thought...."Thank goodness!"

Now you'd think my day was done and over with? Oh no. Just as I'm looking back up at that water fall, I felt a wisp of breath hit the back of my head. I turned around and came face to face with....

A bear.

"AAAAAAHHHH!" I became a two hour long chew and throw toy for momma bear and her three cubs. Is anyone feeling sorry for me right now? I'm covered from head to toe in Bear droll, I'm wet, I'm upset, I'm thinking this can't get any worse! I try calling Reno and home and what do I get?

Caution: Out of cell tower range.....communication alignment misfunction...no minutes remaining on monthly charge allowance.

"Ugh! *&%$$$...." Kicked a bolder, dented my left toes.

I started to walk. It started to rain. I'm just not winning anything today.

To shorten the suffering. I finally got home at midnight and walked in looking so pathetic when Zoran came up to me.

"Hey." She said. "Didn't you get the call?"

"Huh?" I answered. "What call?"

"The one Doctor O'Shay made to you this morning at school. He said you didn't need to go to Osaka since he was already there. You didn't get the call?"

"No." I answered. I then pulled out my cell phone since I was smart enough to put it inside my chest door and thus save it from being ruined. When I did, it finally connected to a cell tower and the belated voice message played for us to hear.

Zoran still can't understand why I ended up a blathering cry baby on the floor that night.

What did I learn? Never put my stupid cell phone inside my body ever again

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 10 years ago

all he would have to do is connect the phone to an antenna cord that runs to astro's built in communications system so I can get signal.
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 10 years ago

That was great! This should have been posted on the 'fan creations' forum, or even better you should consider joining fanfiction.net. You've got the makings of a good FF author there.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page

http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 10 years ago

FYI - he IS on ff.net . . . he's Dan of 'Fiery and Furious' fame!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Return to “General Discussion”