What did you learn today?

Off topic discussion.
Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 10 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:FYI - he IS on ff.net . . . he's Dan of 'Fiery and Furious' fame!
OK, I didn't know that! (Face palms) :w00t: (So I just learned something:hyo :)
Hey Dan, Glad to know you are here! And again, that was great!
Last edited by Tetsuwan Penguin on Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

dannavy85
Banned

Postby dannavy85 » 10 years ago

Another moment of insanity...I need my wife to beat me up some more.

That's another thing I should have learned, never teach my wife Kendo.

Which leads to another funny story...

When I retired in 2005 from the Navy, we lived in a rental in Bremerton Washington. One day we had one of those nasty money fights couples always have and as we usually handle our fights...we grabbed our swords, put on our Kendo gear and went at each other in the back yard.

Our Neighbor called in a Domestic Violence call to the Bremerton PD. A cop shows up and sees us swinging away on each other.

"Excuse me? I got a call of a domestic?"

My wife took off her mask and pointed at me. "This idiot decides he's going to cook breakfast in 90 degree weather in a hot house. Yeah....I'm kicking his butt and if you want to start something officer.....Stanton?.....I'll kick yours too."

He left.
"You guys have some serious Mommy issues."

Atomars
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Atomars » 10 years ago

I learned how to play Injustice Gods Among Us, does that counts ?
Last edited by Atomars on Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 10 years ago

If it makes you happy, I say it counts. :D

I've learned 10 new words of German today.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 10 years ago

I finally learned what the name of these things are:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matryoshka_doll

It's bugged me for a while since my parents have had one of these since I was little.
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 10 years ago

I learned where all the water under my kitchen sync is comming frum, I thought it was water that got on the counter and leaked under the edge but it turns out that the valve itself leaks.
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

I learned that I really really don't like Cartoon Network now, I was upset with them for various reasons but now I'm just finished with them entirely.

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 10 years ago

"Earthshine" wrote:I learned that I really really don't like Cartoon Network now, I was upset with them for various reasons but now I'm just finished with them entirely.

What makes you say that? I haven't been watching them at all besides the new Steven Universe episodes coming out.

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

They more or less stated that they do NOT value their female viewership because females don't buy toys and they are so uncreative in their marketing they can't figure out how to create products that all genders would be interested in and would buy. This is the reason why Young Justice, despite being incredibly popular among all genders and having the desired viewership on their network, was cancelled. Too many girls were watching it to their standards and that was a demographic they did not know what to do with.

They would rather show shows that have "silly random "boy" humor" than shows that may appeal to everyone. Of course this is not wrong to do, except ALL their shows now are reflecting this random, high energy humor that the executives of Cartoon Network deem to be "boy humor".

So to them girls mean nothing, they don't buy toys, they don't wear the clothes and they don't reap in any real value as goods consumers. Even if they account for nearly half of their viewership.

This was exposed by famous Batman writer (Batman the Animated Series) Paul Dini in an interview with Kevin Smith Hollywood producer.

Cartoon Network does not want girls. This is a growing and worsening trend.

Because they don't know how to market, good quality shows are being pulled and an entire demographic is being ignored.

Fuzzy Pickles!
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Fuzzy Pickles! » 10 years ago

Eww. I already stopped watching Cartoon Network back in November, 2008 after the original Toonami was cancelled, but to show misogyny is definitely not bringing me back anytime soon.

Return to “General Discussion”