Recipes and Cooking

Off topic discussion.
Sporkia
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Sporkia » 11 years ago

I am a huge macaroni fiend and that sounds like heaven. ;w;
I'm definitely going to have to show my mom this thread and give her a few "subtle" hints~

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 11 years ago

I'm thinking about trying out that recipe and swapping the macaroni for spinach penne (I have thing against macaroni noodles that is legendary).

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 11 years ago

My wife has her own recipe for 'Cream Cheese and Noodles' that is probably almost as fattening. That is LONG in the past though, as she is now on a low cholesterol diet.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 11 years ago

Every time I read a fattening recipe I think of the irony of Paula Deen. All those delicious recipes and she ended up getting diabetis. I'm taking this as a warning when I get older.

There was a manga I read where in the back of each edition they would give recipes for all the foods the main character cooked throughout. I'm planning on using some of them, and of there are any I like, I could put them up here. :)

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 11 years ago

I think it would be spectacular with spinach penne (I LOOOVE spinach pasta!)
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

Because it is now officially summer in the Northern Hemisphere, and finally here in Washington the heat has reached unacceptable levels I thought I would share my special home-made ice cream cake!

Here's what you need;

1.) space in your freezer.
2.) a rectangular sheet-cake pan (or pan of your choice at least 2 1/2 inches deep by about 14 inches)
3.) 1 package of oreo-type cookies, or cookie crumbles.
4.) 1 tub of cool whip.
5.) 1 SOFTENED container (quart) of your favorite ice cream, I like mint chocolate chip.

Steps.

1.) Remove the inner filling of all the cookies in the package, then crush them in a bag with a rolling pin or put them in a food processor and pulse until they are chunky-like crumbles. You don't want them to be powder, but coarsely broken-up.

2.) Place approximately 1/2 of the cookie crumbles on the bottom of your cookie sheet (you can line it with foil if you want).

3.) Take your SOFTENED ice cream and mush into place ontop of the cookie crumbles and spread evenly across pan, it's really hard to do this if your ice cream isn't softened slightly. You don't want your ice cream to be liquid but soft enough to ply with.

4.) Take about 2/3 of your remaining cookie crumbles and spread evenly across ice cream.

5.) Spread the cool whip evenly over the top.

6.) Spread the remaining cookie crumbles on the top of cool whip.

7.) Cover your cake with plastic wrap or a cover and place in the freezer for at least 4 hours before serving.

This recipe is very alterable and can be made somewhat healthy; I've made this recipe with frozen Greek yogurt, canned cool whip (ready whip which doesn't have much calories anyway) and I replaced the cookies with ground figs and cranberries. You can really also add whatever you want as toppings in the second cookie layer, everything from magic shell sauce, M&Ms and marshmallows. Using chocolate cool whip is also a treat.

Hope this recipe can help cool some people down, and save some money because buying an ice cream cake can cost $20 or more. This recipe is less than $10.

Return to “General Discussion”