Anime/ Manga!!!!!!!!

Off topic discussion.
Dante69
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Dante69 » 10 years ago

I like Kyou kara maou, it was my first anime. I can't watch/read baka & test, I tried twice.
:tenma: :astro: :o cha: LOL

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

Haha. Kyou Kara Maou was really fun in high school. I have a lot of fun memories attached to it, but I tried watching some episodes a little while ago and just couldn't :( The story is solid and fun but... dat animation...

Oh well.

There just are some shows that people just can't get into. For me that would be Naruto, Bleach, Soul Eater, One Peace and several other very popular shows... I tried REALLY hard to like Naruto but just couldn't. I'm not going to say the shows are bad it's just I could not get passed certain things. My big time anime that I refuse to watch or even try to get into is Hetalia for very specific reasons that I won't mention here as it's against the code of this forum.

tailz
Banned

Postby tailz » 10 years ago

I thought I was the only one who disliked naruto,bleach,hetalia, and one piece. I tried to read the Naruto manga, I kinda liked it at first, but it kinda turned me off after a couple volumes. and as for hetalia... Oh god, don't even get me started on that "short episodes" show. :lol:
Hello! If you wish to speak with me on other sites then Follow me on these sites below:

http://my.desktopnexus.com/tailz/

http://www.aimini.net/look/?pid=d24TGUDedhOYX1QAcgzS

http://nanonanopudding.deviantart.com/

Keep in mind that I do Not own theses sites. These sites belong to their rightful owners. Thank you. :)

My fansite:http://blackjackpudding.webs.com/apps/profile/84233730/

[sigpic][/sigpic]

I love 初音ミク :heart:

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Postby Prettywitchiusaka » 10 years ago

I've never really gotten into Naruto to be honest. It's one of those things that I just never had any interest in seeing, and that was before I started hearing about how bad it actually was.

I can't really think of any anime I despise, I usually only end up not caring for a series or film at worst. Really, the only example I can think of off the top of my head that I truly hate is the ending to Madoka Magica Rebellion Story. And even then, it was only the ending that I hated. Everything else was fine.

As for anime that I'm watching, I'm currently trying to catch up on the 80s Astro Boy series, and I hope to start watching Ojamajo Doremi soon after.

racoonangel
Robot President

Postby racoonangel » 10 years ago

Yeah I didn't really get into Naruto either I do like the story plot but I just think there are just too many episodes, out of 300 I've only 12 so I can't judge it by that much

Anyway I've been going on quite the anime watching spree, I'm currently watching Nagi no asukara it has amazing graphics as well as Attack on titan ( shingeki no kyojin) there are recent anime

Has anyone else caught up with pokemon xy it's so amazing ash ketchup finally looks older!!!

I've also been watching Marmalade Boy I'm almost finished the series, I started it during the holidays, it's a romance shoujo I just love you and miki they are just so adorable together :)
Instagram: astrogirl_draws
I LOVE ASTRO BOY!!

tailz
Banned

Postby tailz » 10 years ago

I watched only 1 episode of pokemon x and y so far. lol. Ash Ketchum kinda looks shorter to me! :lol: Also looks like he got tanner! XD!

Anyways, yeah they're pretty good so far, though I'm still in the middle of watching the black and white, diamond and pearl series. It's hard to keep up when you don't have Cartoon Network around!
Hello! If you wish to speak with me on other sites then Follow me on these sites below:

http://my.desktopnexus.com/tailz/

http://www.aimini.net/look/?pid=d24TGUDedhOYX1QAcgzS

http://nanonanopudding.deviantart.com/

Keep in mind that I do Not own theses sites. These sites belong to their rightful owners. Thank you. :)

My fansite:http://blackjackpudding.webs.com/apps/profile/84233730/

[sigpic][/sigpic]

I love 初音ミク :heart:

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 9 years ago

I'm bumping this topic since we got so many new members who are actually posting!

Have there been any recent anime/manga lately that you have enjoyed?

Dante69
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Dante69 » 9 years ago

I've recently seen Deadman wonderland, not my favourite but i like the music. Sao 2, i don't really like kirito, kinda jealous cause he is too awesome (there is a limit). Log horizon 2 is much better! Watched tiger and bunny and i gotta say, I love it! Woot! And waiting for new season of Tokyo ghoul.
:tenma: :astro: :o cha: LOL

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

I'll go ahead and give an update on what I'm watching currently:

1. Sailor Moon Crystal

Pretty good anime so far. I haven't read the manga, but it's interesting to see the variations between this series storyline and the '90s anime's storyline. The animation has gotten better with each episode as well. Some of the early episodes looked rather odd, especially with the character models. Overall though, I'm looking forward to seeing where the storyline goes.

2. Sword Art Online II

Compared to the original anime, this one hasn't impressed me quite as much, but it has it's merits. For one, I appreciate that the fanservice is toned down compared to the first anime. Although I didn't have a huge problem with the fanservice in the first anime since it wasn't as in-your-face as other anime can be, it was mildly annoying at times. There's some of it in the first arc of SAO II, but it's not nearly as bad.

Also, I think it's interesting that the cast of characters is primarily girls. Perhaps that's the "fanservice" this time around; seeing Kirito's "harem" of pretty-looking girls. :lol: I jest about the harem comment, but anyone else who's watching this anime understands what I mean.

Good cast of characters and some interesting storylines, particularly with the new girl in the first arc. Soundtrack is sometimes a bit repetitive, but overall pretty good.

3. Fist of the North Star II

As of this post, I have 10 episodes left to watch of this series. I started watching the original Fist of the North Star last November and have watched it in bits and pieces over the last year. It's been a fun ride seeing Kenshiro's journey from the beginning to where I'm at currently.

While not as good as the first anime, Fist of the North Star II has it's moments, just like with Sword Art Online II. I wish certain characters had more screen time, but I can't complain with how they've handled the story overall. It's been enjoyable to say the least.

4. Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water

I'm a little past halfway through this anime currently. Out of the five anime I'm watching currently, this one's probably my favorite. Great cast of characters, well-thought out story, good blending of genres (steampunk, science fiction, adventure), memorable soundtrack...I could go on. I highly recommend this anime.

5. Psycho-Pass 2

Yep, another sequel anime. Mainly watching this one because I watched the original anime and enjoyed it for the most part. Usually not a fan of gory anime, but this one is well done, though not as good as the first anime (I know, big surprise). It's also interesting to see how the main protagonist (same one from the first anime) has grown since the first anime. Not much else to say.

Uran-chama
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Uran-chama » 9 years ago

Like several other people here, I love Hunter x Hunter. It's my favorite anime currently (both 1999 and 2011). I even have some cels from the 1999 version.

I remember Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann used to be my favorite back in middle school. I also liked FLCL, the first season of Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, Ghost Hound, Cardcaptor Sakura, Barakaman, and Space Dandy.

But some of my other favorites are Persona 4, Ookiku Furikabutte, and Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun (I recommend this to everyone).

Return to “General Discussion”