Anime/ Manga!!!!!!!!

Off topic discussion.
racoonangel
Robot President

Anime/ Manga!!!!!!!!

Postby racoonangel » 11 years ago

So here we can discuss about anime and manga that we like, and we can talk about them, like our favourite characters in them, or why we love the storyline. ( anime/manga outside of Tezuka) Apparently the most popular anime/manga right now are: -one piece -death note - Naruto - Hatsune Miku -Bleach -Fairy Tail -Soul Eater Personally I haven't watched all the ones listed above but I do admire Bakuman a lot. I just started watching Naruto and Soul Eater. I would like to get into Death note and bleach. I admire Bakuman alot because of the storyline, how inspiring it is. I love the characters they are so determined to become manga creator such as Moritaka Mashiro, and Akito Tagaki. They are just amazing. I love the plot too. If Moritaka's dreams come true and a girl name Miho Azuki dreams they will get married. It's such an intense, interesting, and cute/romance kinda story. I also like Comet- san. As you probably know I like romance genres in anime. I also love fantasy/ school life. Comet-san is more so fantasy than anything. I love here magic baton. I was inspired myself my this anime. It made me want to go back in my closet pull out my baton and twirl it again. ( I used to do baton, but they stopped teaching it. I can still do all my tricks though) Comet-san has a cute love story, she's on a search for the prince and she encounters alot of nice guys, who do crush on her too. I love the two kids she lives with too, they are so adorable. Again, I watch dragon ball z. I find it so funny making me want to watch more, yes it has some censoring but whatever. Bulma and Goku are just so funny, especially when Bulma gets mad at Goku. I LOVE POKEMON. Well anyone can probably guess why, 1st Pikachu adorable and such a determined, strong little fella. I love Ash Ketchum, he gives me inspirations. Another thing that's where I got my artist name Ash. Okay now let's find out on your tastes in manga/animes!
Instagram: astrogirl_draws
I LOVE ASTRO BOY!!

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 11 years ago

Hmm by "watching" Hatsune Miku do you mean listening to? Well, I suppose you could watch the music videos...

Here's a list of my favorite animes/ mangas (including movies)
Studio Ghibli movies (Laputa: Castle in the Sky is my fav)
Haibane Renmei (anime)
Azumanga Daioh (manga and anime)
Black Jack TV (anime)
Legend of Zelda (manga)
Yotsuba&! (Manga)
Kitchen Princess (manga)
Astroboy (obviously lol)
Hatsune Miku (anime singer)
Gumi Mmegpoid (anime singer)
I also used to love watching Hamtaro and Superbook :)

Those are just the ones I can list off the top of my head. If you have any questions, I will gladly answer them :)

Satus
Robot President

Postby Satus » 11 years ago

Although Vocaloid doesn't have an anime, it does have an unofficial manga by the illustrator Kei, whom provided the original box art for the software packaging of Hatsune Miku, Kagamine Rin/Len and Megurine Luka. As a software, my favourite Vocaloid is Rin because I like her voice the best, but it's hard to choose a favourite character in the manga.

I also like Osamu Tezuka's other works, most of Studio Ghibli's various movies and the Nausicaa manga version, various shoujo such as Vampire Knight and Full Moon wo Sagashite, Rumiko Takahashi's Ranma, Inuyasha and Firetripper, Hitoshi Ariga's Rockman Megamix/Gigamix, Akira Toriyama's Dragonball... Just to name some.

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

I forgot about the Vocaloid manga.

By Nausicsa do you mean Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind?

racoonangel
Robot President

Postby racoonangel » 11 years ago

oh yeah I have started reading sailor moon :)
Instagram: astrogirl_draws
I LOVE ASTRO BOY!!

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Postby Prettywitchiusaka » 11 years ago

Hmm, what anime am I watching?

Well, I just finished watching Highschool of the Dead, and I am currently re-watching season four of Sailor Moon.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 11 years ago

I never saw "Star Blazers", which was the English dubbed (and edited ...yuck) version of "Space Battleship Yamoto". I think I've seen all of the Yamoto's that have been posted to youtube (subed), and they are great! Now I'd like to find the live action movie that was made of it, hopefully there is a sub'ed verison somewhere.....

Now I wonder about a "Yamoto - Star Trek cross over" ......
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

I just started watching K-On! It's really cute and it's great for any age :) though I think it's more suited toward girls.

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 11 years ago

Hmm... Let's see.

Right now I am in the process of reading Pandora Hearts released in English (I'm not looking up the scanilations) and so far I am up to date with it, the anime for the manga under the same name is beautiful and follows the manga almost word for word, panel for panel up until a certain point where it derails, crashes then dies....

The manga is well drawn and has a tangible plot that is steady (every manga and every chapter reveals something plot-specific) but it takes the time to stop and reveal charming traits about each character. So you get a lot of plot then some downtime where things are just fun and amusing even if nothing happens.

As for anime, I am not watching any anime really (I like manga more) but I AM thinking of re-watching Casshern Sins, a beautiful anime released in 2008 in Japan and dubbed by Funimation in 2010. I really dislike the way how the last few episodes were handled though... Seems to be a trend in Japan right now.

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Right now I am in the process of reading Pandora Hearts released in English

I read the first book of the series, and it was great! I borrowed it from a friend though, and I can't seem to find the other volumes.

Return to “General Discussion”