Ribon no Kishi/Princess Knight DVD Coming Soon

Off topic discussion.
Earthshine

Ribon no Kishi/Princess Knight DVD Coming Soon

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

Right Stuf has pre-orders for the original Princess Knight series all ready to go. The series will be available on August 20th of this year for the English Dub only. It will be released in sets of two with the first box-set released on the mentioned date and the next one in late October.

On a random note as well, I was not aware that the Princess Knight manga had a sequel which is also available.

Edit: I have no idea why the heck the thread repeated itself three times, that was not intentional.
Last edited by Earthshine on Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Ditto

MightyAstro
Robot President

Postby MightyAstro » 10 years ago

I am looking forward to the DVD release. Astroboy is not actually my favourite of Tezuka's works though it is second next to Choppy and the Princess. It is so exciting to see it making an official comeback with a DVD collection. :w00t: :lol: :D

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 10 years ago

"MightyAstro" wrote:I am looking forward to the DVD release. Astroboy is not actually my favourite of Tezuka's works though it is second next to Choppy and the Princess. It is so exciting to see it making an official comeback with a DVD collection. :w00t: :lol: :D
if you like edits and childish voices/bad acting then this release is for you, in this case they should just have done the Japanese version and when you say you like choppy and the princess do you mean that or where you trying to say you like princess knight.

the Fact that there using the name PN is proof enough for me there coudn'tr try to sell it on it's actuall name choppy and the princess because no one would know it while Rightuff sad there wher trying to go for the people that saw it on TV as a child problem is that Market there refering to is non exsisting like 10 to 50 people that would do it just for that it never even made in nation wide like AB en kima did.

So there market is still gonna be mostly angry anime fans like me who are gonna buy it anyway because it is tezuka.
Last edited by Tetsuwan Atom on Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

Astrogirl500
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Astrogirl500 » 10 years ago

I love Princess Saphir!

MightyAstro
Robot President

Postby MightyAstro » 10 years ago

"Tetsuwan Atom" wrote:[QUOTE=MightyAstro;212525]I am looking forward to the DVD release. Astroboy is not actually my favourite of Tezuka's works though it is second next to Choppy and the Princess. It is so exciting to see it making an official comeback with a DVD collection. :w00t: :lol: :D
if you like edits and childish voices/bad acting then this release is for you, in this case they should just have done the Japanese version and when you say you like choppy and the princess do you mean that or where you trying to say you like princess knight.

the Fact that there using the name PN is proof enough for me there coudn'tr try to sell it on it's actuall name choppy and the princess because no one would know it while Rightuff sad there wher trying to go for the people that saw it on TV as a child problem is that Market there refering to is non exsisting like 10 to 50 people that would do it just for that it never even made in nation wide like AB en kima did.

So there market is still gonna be mostly angry anime fans like me who are gonna buy it anyway because it is tezuka.[/QUOTE]

To be honest I have only ever seen a few scattered select episodes on very old VHS rental tapes back in the 1990's which were titled the Adventures of Choppy and the Princess on the covers and without even knowing anything at all about its Tezuka connection at the time I loved watching it.

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

Even if the acting is terrible, if you want to see more of Tezuka's classic series OR ANY classic series released in the future (including possible uncut original Japanese versions), it's in your best interest to buy the pack. If you don't want to watch it, maybe give it to a friend that may like it. The sad thing is, is that passion for an author or a series is NOT enough to get companies to put out their work, they need to see sales.

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 10 years ago

"Earthshine" wrote:Even if the acting is terrible, if you want to see more of Tezuka's classic series OR ANY classic series released in the future (including possible uncut original Japanese versions), it's in your best interest to buy the pack. If you don't want to watch it, maybe give it to a friend that may like it. The sad thing is, is that passion for an author or a series is NOT enough to get companies to put out their work, they need to see sales.
Sure got that right well despite all what i sad i'm even going to watch it.

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

Return to “General Discussion”