The Rant/Complaint Thread >:C

Off topic discussion.
Sporkia
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Sporkia » 10 years ago

Don't feel bad, I'm in Advanced Placement classes and there is this kid who skipped like two grades that's incredibly smart and is without a doubt showing off. He complains really loudly to kids who aren't as smart as him every time he gets anything less than a 100 on anything and he always insists that you refer to him as "The [Insert his name here]" and it drives me nuts. His intelligence is admirable, but he's just too cocky and talks down to everyone (he's literally said to people's faces that he doesn't care about any of them whatsoever) and I sincerely hope he manages to get off his high horse eventually.
It's a magical day!

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

It sounds like these youths are autistic or possibly are even aspergers. They can't help acting this way and they need special care from the school and some discretion from their peers. I'm not saying that their behavior is essentially excusable at all, but it's important to know that it's possible that it's not their fault, that things are tough for them too more than likely.

tailz
Banned

Postby tailz » 10 years ago

Hmm... I don't think the kid in my class is autistic. She acts like every other girl in my grade. (And autistic (Handicapped) kids in my school stay in a special classroom with teachers and some peer tutors.) Anyways, she might have some problems in her life that we don't know about and she's taking out all the stress on us. She also hangs out with the wrong crowd and somehow made friends on the first day of school. (Do all the kids in my school act like her!? :lol: ) I forgot the last time I made a friend on the first couple days of school. (Actually, I forgot the last time I had a friend. five years ago was it? I stopped trying to make friends in middle school because I kept getting picked on which lead me to stress and me no longer able to speak at school. Ever since then I became one of those silent and so called "Scary" people. Even to this day I'm like that at school. A person who has no voice and no friends.)

Anyways, sorry about that story about my life. (Got a little off topic there so that's why I stopped. :lol: ) But yeah, it isn't their fault for being like that because they were born that way. But I'm pretty sure that the kid in my class does not have autisim. She's just one of those show off kind of people. (If ya know what I mean.) Like my mother says "You're going to run into people like that a lot in your life." :lol:

I'm just going to try and mind my own buisness the next time I go to that classroom. (Though, it's going to be tough since she sits right behind me. :d oh: )
Last edited by tailz on Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hello! If you wish to speak with me on other sites then Follow me on these sites below:

http://my.desktopnexus.com/tailz/

http://www.aimini.net/look/?pid=d24TGUDedhOYX1QAcgzS

http://nanonanopudding.deviantart.com/

Keep in mind that I do Not own theses sites. These sites belong to their rightful owners. Thank you. :)

My fansite:http://blackjackpudding.webs.com/apps/profile/84233730/

[sigpic][/sigpic]

I love 初音ミク :heart:

Earthshine

Autism is a spectrum. There are millions of people, one in every 80 peoples born are autistic. Many many don't ever get diagnosed EVER in their lifetimes, and others aren't diagnosed until they are well out of school.

There are tons of those that are autistic that act 'normally' and you can never tell that they are autistic or have aspergers. The thing is with autism is that you can't be autistic according to the school unless it has been diagnosed as 'severe' (the typical image of what people think of when they hear the word autism; quiet, having trouble communicating, complete shut-off from the world, having tantrums).

I'm not the professional here and I'm not saying for certainty that she IS autistic, but the fact of the matter is is that autism has MANY faces.

Did you know that is was very likely that Einstein was autistic?

Middle school and high school can be very tough, and people change a lot so don't worry if you don't make many friends. People generally don't fully blossom until college anyway.

tailz
Banned

Postby tailz » 10 years ago

"Earthshine" wrote:
The thing is with autism is that you can't be autistic according to the school unless it has been diagnosed as 'severe' (the typical image of what people think of when they hear the word autism; quiet, having trouble communicating, complete shut-off from the world, having tantrums).

Middle school and high school can be very tough, and people change a lot so don't worry if you don't make many friends. People generally don't fully blossom until college anyway.

Man, that sounds a lot like me in that first paragraph there. :blush: (I do have emotional disability, though I think I'm slowly growing out of it.)

Yeah, I think I'm that kind of person. (I still act like I'm 12 years old! :p !) Actually, I'm not too interested in making friends anymore, but there are a few kids who are interested in chatting with me. (Like today, where this one girl sat next to me on the bus and we shook each others hands. I was like "Whoa! She can see me?!" :lol: ) <<<I'm only noticed by teachers in school life. All the kids and bus drivers act like I don't exist. vwv.
Last edited by tailz on Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hello! If you wish to speak with me on other sites then Follow me on these sites below:

http://my.desktopnexus.com/tailz/

http://www.aimini.net/look/?pid=d24TGUDedhOYX1QAcgzS

http://nanonanopudding.deviantart.com/

Keep in mind that I do Not own theses sites. These sites belong to their rightful owners. Thank you. :)

My fansite:http://blackjackpudding.webs.com/apps/profile/84233730/

[sigpic][/sigpic]

I love 初音ミク :heart:

Earthshine

Well there are all sorts of people with different temperaments. It's okay and quite normal to be an introvert and to not necessarily seek personal company. I used to be like that but now I'm a little better at speaking up. I don't really seek friends out but I'm not opposed to people talking to me either. I kind of just stick to myself, others have to initiate conversations IRL with me. But when people start talking to me I can come off as quite sociable. :)

But you're at an age now where a lot can happen and change quickly, so don't be surprised if this summer you're someone else entirely. :P

It also might take you meeting that one special person that will become a really true good friend that will help shape you. I didn't have a really good friend until I was 16. They sort of became my rock and helped me change into the person I am now.

You will learn a lot in the next few years and quite rapidly.

Windswept Cloak
Banned
Location: Sitting at my desk, surrounded by books and papers.

Postby Windswept Cloak » 10 years ago

I HATE Taiwanese education, it doesn't teach us ANYTHING except to turn us into exam-taking machines that can't do anything else! And besides, even if you graduate from the best college here, it's still nearly-impossible to get a decent job.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGH

You guys are lucky not to live in Taiwan.
I joined this forum in late 2013 when I was 15 going on 16. Ignore my oldest posts, they embarrass me so much that I've considered permanantly leaving the forum more than once. I've grown out of my fangirling phase over Black Jack, Atom and Uran ages ago but the memories still embarrass me at times... :unsure: Though, I try to be more open-minded about it and accept it as an "interesting stage of my life". :tezuka:

Windswept Cloak
Banned

I have a close friend who is autistic.

He says you can't decide whether a person is autistic or not by just looking at them. Even every autistic is slightly (or very) different in ways.
I joined this forum in late 2013 when I was 15 going on 16. Ignore my oldest posts, they embarrass me so much that I've considered permanantly leaving the forum more than once. I've grown out of my fangirling phase over Black Jack, Atom and Uran ages ago but the memories still embarrass me at times... :unsure: Though, I try to be more open-minded about it and accept it as an "interesting stage of my life". :tezuka:

AstroBlaster1998
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby AstroBlaster1998 » 10 years ago

Yes you are right about autism. I have it,aspergers. It differs a lot on the quirks. But there are under laying things that can help you see, if they have it. It just really hard to pick up. But some of lower ones really don't affect you. It just helps you think differently. Oh Tailz some ones do need help. I had special ed until 8th grade. But some people can't go mainstream and need help for something's.
Last edited by AstroBlaster1998 on Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Windswept Cloak
Banned

XD

Never make fun of people with autism or apergers, they're people too.
Everyone's different.

Susan Boyle the singer has aspergers too. She sings GREAT. Her singing "I've Dreamed A Dream" is on my Fanfiction profile.

Return to “General Discussion”