ANIME!!!!!!!

Off topic discussion.
racoonangel
Robot President

ANIME!!!!!!!

Postby racoonangel » 10 years ago

OMG I'm so glad I discovered Astro Boy, if I never did how would I be able to draw manga/anime or enjoy this amazing anime!!!!
Now that I've been thinking Astro Boy isn't really an anime ( I'm sorry if this offends anyone but it's kinda true) Astro Boy is more a cartoony style, but I do respect that it was created before sailor moon etc before the actually style manga was announced. Really Astro boy is just a comic that started in japan comic in japan is manga so that is probably why people consider it anime. I still love Astro boy because he's so inspiring even though I don't own any of the series anymore. Any way I wanted to share all the anime stuff I've been watching/ reading because I'm such an otaku now :)

So let's start with my all time fav right now....

FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST!!! (original and brotherhood)

fma-movie-1680x1050.jpg
fma-movie-1680x1050.jpg (77.71 KiB) Viewed 2745 times

I love this series so much!!! Well first reason. The plot is amazing. The existense of alchemy and everything. Plus I love shounen, I love the romance, I wouldn't say it's big romance it's settle, Edward Elric ( has a crush on Winry)
Winry Rockbel realizes later in the series she's falling for him. The series contains a lot of fighting and death but very enjoyable :) The main plot of the series itself is edward elric and his little brother alphonse try bringing their Mom back to life using alchemy, but it's a forbidden to do human transmutation later everything goes wrong. Edward loses his arm during the transmutation ( alchemy is basically equivalent exchange) and Alphonse loses his body, Ed finds a suit of armour and attaches Al's soul to it. Their goal is to get their bodies back ( Ed's arm and leg, Al's body)
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Found a smaller version of your image.
Instagram: astrogirl_draws
I LOVE ASTRO BOY!!

racoonangel
Robot President

want more?
I LOVE ASTRO BOY!!

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 10 years ago

Anime and Manga art styles have changed over the years, and will probably continue to do so. True Astroboy isn't done in the style of current popular anime. BUT, consider the Pluto manga. THAT is drawn in a style that more closely aligns with what you are thinking. If the promised Pluto Anime is ever released, I think you'd find it very close in style to what you are used to.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

racoonangel
Robot President

yeah I guess
I LOVE ASTRO BOY!!

Dante69
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Dante69 » 10 years ago

Anime = Japanese cartoons.
Full Metal Alchemist is an awesome anime. I wonder if I watched that show or Tetsuwan Atom first? I don't remember.
:tenma: :astro: :o cha: LOL

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 10 years ago

Astro Boy is definitely an anime, despite it's cartoony style. There are many cartoony anime out there to be fair, even some more cartoony than Astro Boy. You'll begin to see that as you watch more and more anime. :)

As for Fullmetal Alchemist, I love both anime series and own the majority of the first anime on DVD including the movie. Both are very memorable and excellent in my opinion. I love Hiromu Arakawa's works, including Silver Spoon, which I'm currently watching on Crunchyroll.

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

Oh god...

I was an officer for my college's anime club and one day I decided to showcase some episodes of the 1960s Astro Boy and the other members of the club, despite KNOWING that Astro Boy WAS an anime refused to call it as such and thus dubbed it as inferior and not 'worthy' of being shown in our club...

This was all back in 2008.

God I was so mad.

To me anime and cartoons are the same thing (granted there are color pallet differences and animation techniques that are overall differing) so as such I use the terms interchangeably. Typically I call anime and cartoons animation now.

All anime is in Japanese is 'animation' shortened because they like to shorten Western words.

I also have more or less the same principles when in comes to comics.

There are a lot of people that don't agree with me though (like the members of my old anime club) and will fight tooth and nail over the issue.

Return to “General Discussion”